Thread: Commodore 64 Makes a Comeback

Banned

Commodore 64 Makes a Comeback

Tulip Computers, which owns the Commodore brand name, plans to relaunch the brand to take advantage in an upsurge of interest in the obsolete Commodore 64 (C64) computer and its 1980s-era games, the company said in a statement Friday.
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...pcworld/111556

w00t

Nice, you've been finding some interesting news! The first system I really got familiar with was the Atari, and I never got a chance to check out the Commodore 64. How does it compare to the other older systems?
    Carrie: Someone\'s definition of what constitutes cheating is in direct proportion to how much they themselves want to cheat.
    Miranda: That\'s moral relativism!
    Carrie: I prefer to think of it as quantum cheating.

My goodness... the computer that Gramps taught us kids how to enjoy computing...
    Oh he will be thrilled.. show things do go in cycles.. this probably means that my old cp/m systems will be in voge soon.. darn good idea to get them out of the closet a month or two back.. .. yep time for some polish..

Cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

Cool

Ahhhh, many memories come flooding back with the mention of the old C64....

I was reminded of it recently when I bought GTA-VC on the PS2. The 'software developer' screen came up and I was looking at the back cover - until I heard the familiar 'clickety-click' of the old keyboards.

For those who have absolutely no idea what I'm on about, it comes up with the old 'blue screen' and the typing is

LOAD "Vice City" [enter]

then it comes up with a real flashback;

PRESS PLAY ON TAPE

Freakin' priceless.

Thanks for the info - I'll follow with great interest.....

L8R
    D.
    [gloworange]Athlon XP 2100+ 1.74GHz
    512MB PC2100 DDR-SD RAM
    RADEON 9600XT 256MB[/gloworange]