Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hackertool virus

hi all!!!!!!!
    thanks for your suggestions and answers.have done little research as suggested in the first post and found that its muma worm which i removed with symantec fixing tool.Thanks for that.
    our company does have licences for symantec and updating virus definitions its our own responbility which as i experienced somone doesnt update at all.
    i will ask our administrator to look into this problem as our company has 20 000 employees and we are not talking about 1 personal computer
    once more thanks for your contribution and as usual you come with fast adn correct answer/solution.

LOL how come the sysadmin didn't enable LiveUpdate? You don't need to regularly check for virus definitions, it does it for you
    /\\

Another little trick if ya have to remove any system files from the box copy the files from a clean box and use them to copy over the affected dll etc.

what is the admin the owners brother-in-law? thats really obsene. doesn't he realize how much down time that could lead to (= $)
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”