LindowsCD

Thread: LindowsCD

LindowsCD

The Easiest and Quickest Way Ever to Experience Linux!

Just about every computer user has heard about Linux and is eager to experience it first hand, but they don't always have a spare computer on which to try it. Today we're announcing LindowsCD, the easiest way ever to try out Linux on just about any computer.
    I was just wondering what are you guys views on lindows experiment to get more users to linux.

Full article here

I also wanted to know you guys take on LindowOS4.0. IMO it seems to have a lot more features than the previous releases and it looks kind of decent now.

Tell me what you think...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

That's actually a pretty interesting way to easily try out some Linux on your computer. Although personally once I build my new desktop I'm just going to format Red Hat on my laptop and see how far I can get with it....but for users that don't want to go through the formatting process and alter things on their hard disk...seems like a good thing to try out. Have you gotten a chance to try out LindowOS4.0? I'll have to give it a shot.
    Carrie: Someone\'s definition of what constitutes cheating is in direct proportion to how much they themselves want to cheat.
    Miranda: That\'s moral relativism!
    Carrie: I prefer to think of it as quantum cheating.

manicchester I was thinking about trying out LindowsOS4.0 but I just wanted to know if anyone has used lindows before because the review of their OS4.0 seems really good.

I think I will definitely get it though.
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

Thanks for the info there.....if you get it before me, let me know how it runs! Sounds like something good to experiment with.
    Carrie: Someone\'s definition of what constitutes cheating is in direct proportion to how much they themselves want to cheat.
    Miranda: That\'s moral relativism!
    Carrie: I prefer to think of it as quantum cheating.

Yes sounds interesting keep the post going

Developer Extraordinar
    Isn't this just another LiveCD distro? There's plenty of them around. Namly ones such as Knoppix, or MandrakeMove?

MB
    Come to UnError.com

MB.. no.. what it is.. is that gizmofreak went on a "bumping up old post" rampage today.

that you got suckered in for not noticing the date and the fact that lindows is now at v4.5
    and it was never a live cd.. it can't be considered a *nix platform, and I don't know a single user of it "for real" that can vouch for it..

given that they just won a decision over MS.. is a good thing, but only for future legal decisions to be based upon that win. there's a thread ab out this here, but I'm too tired to go find it..

Developer Extraordinar
    Oh didn't notice the dates, and don't care/pay attention to LindowOS so I don't know what version their at. :P

MB
    Come to UnError.com