Thread: Multi Processing ir Farming Computers

Multi Processing ir Farming Computers

Huston, We have a problem here,calling all stations, Well I have a friend who is editing videos and playing with special affects on vedio and he is using Adobe Premier for that. Now we were wondering that can we make use of the multiple computer's processors over a LAN network for rendering , So does anyone know that is it an application dependant feature or this could be achieved using some other stand alone application. Please do speak out on the issue.
    Sencondly, can some one put up a tutorial to communicate with COM and PARALLEL ports of computer in VB (LIKE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN COMPUTERS USING COM PORT WITH THE HELP OF LAP LINK CABLE THATCONNECTS TWO COMPUTERS THROUGH COM PORT). I am sorry for repeating my query but nobody answered it in the previous thread. So I was wondering if someone could give the answer.
    Thankyou
    Ommy

AntiOnline Senior Member souleman's Avatar
    Its application dependent. Even in things like beowulf clusters, the program has to be threaded to support multiple processors. Then the kernel has to tell the threads what computer should be running what information.
    \"Ignorance is bliss....
    but only for your enemy\"
    -- souleman

ummmmmmm....is there anybody out there??? Well souleman thanks for your reply. Umm..what do you say about using multiple processors on a single motherboard that supports multiple processors. Please do put some links in the your next reply where i could read about this stuff. And if you know any online stores that sell these kind of motherboards and processors...that would be a great help to know.
    Thank you
    Ommy