Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best code writing language

best code writing language

hello people well i have some expirience in c++ code i find the language comfortable however im not a very advanced code writer can anyone suggest me a book which can help me writing real advanced codes relating to hacking and stuff im pretty clear about the basics also which is the best language to learn for the net im open to leanring new languages perl i think is good can anyone suggest alternatives

Banned
    *Moved from Tutorials*

There are threads posted about "Which language is the best?" every week. The similar threads are the bottom of this thread should give you a good head start, as should doing a search off the main page.
    These threads usually break down into arguments whether Java or C++ is better to start with. Sometimes Visual Basic is included as well. The best thing to do is to read about them on this and other sites and make your own decision, because everyone has a different opinion.

To anyone else: Has it ever been suggested to write a general article about this? Like for 2 or 3 people to take a language and detail it's strengths and weaknesses (just facts, not opinions)? We could then combine them into a general article which we can point newbies too if they ask the "Which language is best?" question. Let me know what you think?
    \"When you say best friends, it means friends forever\" Brand New
    \"Best friends means I pulled the trigger
    Best friends means you get what you deserve\" Taking Back Sunday
    Visit alastairgrant.ca

I'll recommend that your best bet would be to become a hardcode writer with C++. Keep on learning C++ and if possible try to get some grasp on assembly language.

The books for C++ are:

* Turbo C, Programming for the PC (newbie)
    * Beginning C++ (newbie)
    * Thinking in C++ (for advanced coders)
    * C++ how to program, Deitel & Deitel (good book overall)
    * Classic Data structures in C++ (mediocre writers)
    * Core C++ (good book overall)
    * Data structures in C and C++, Prentice Hall (advanced coders)

You can know more about these books by reading about them on www.amazon.com

All the best.
    Beware Clarity! A person talking to you in clear language is clearly using obsolete ideas.

Originally posted here by UrDaddy
    I'll recommend that your best bet would be to become a hardcode writer with C++. Keep on learning C++ and if possible try to get some grasp on assembly language.

The books for C++ are:

* Turbo C, Programming for the PC (newbie)
    * Beginning C++ (newbie)
    * Thinking in C++ (for advanced coders)
    * C++ how to program, Deitel & Deitel (good book overall)
    * Classic Data structures in C++ (mediocre writers)
    * Core C++ (good book overall)
    * Data structures in C and C++, Prentice Hall (advanced coders)

You can know more about these books by reading about them on www.amazon.com

All the best.
    hi sarang,

names given in above post r all really good books. name of one more good book i want to add to this list is

* C++ Primer- Lippman(damn good book for both newbies & adv. progammers)

i myself have leart c++ by reading this book.

hope ur problem, finding the names of good books is solved now.

so, all the best for ur programming.
    SeCuRiTy MaKeS Me TeNsE

Banned
    Psst... don't listen to them... they're full of crap.. the best coding language is QBASIC.... that stuff can work miracles....

jaguar,
    You laugh at Qbasic but...
    I had a programming teacher in high school who claimed he wrote the system to archieve all marks in the school district. He also said he wrote it in QBASIC. I guess back in the day there must have been some BASIC compilers, but could they churn out code robust enough to handle storing 100000 records per year? Although he may just have been pulling our legs. He taught us C and he seemed to know it well, so it doesn't make sense that he wouldn't have used that instead. Anyway, just my QBASIC story.
    \"When you say best friends, it means friends forever\" Brand New
    \"Best friends means I pulled the trigger
    Best friends means you get what you deserve\" Taking Back Sunday
    Visit alastairgrant.ca

I would reccomend checking for a book in the "For Dummies" series, those are always really helpful.
    3 Easy Steps To Fixing Windows (Permanently!)
    1) Insert Linux Installation CD (Any Distro)
    2) Read Included Documentation on \"Installing\"
    3) Install Linux

A C++ bible is also a must have although the one I have is a C bible and not a C++ bible but there should be a C++ bible out there.

Pretty much the C bible is really good for advance programmers. It has the stuff in their that you just don't seem to find in other books. IMO however, there's no one book that will have everything.

The books mentioned above by UrDaddy and the C++ Primer mentioned by AlcatraX are really good books also, some of which I own myself.

Good luck in your search for books...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty