Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: best code writing language

well guys i have seen most of the boks mentioned by urdaddy it doesnt have application i have read lipman too its nice has detailed aspects but thats not what im looking for these books r relatd to describing powers of the language and the syntax apart from some technical stuff well thats not what i want ,something which is more application based like lot of codes aand stuff i think a programmer learns alot by reading others codes

Search on google or codeguru .
    Beware Clarity! A person talking to you in clear language is clearly using obsolete ideas.

() \/V |\| 3 |) |3\/ |\|3G47|\/3
    like lot of codes aand stuff i think a programmer learns alot by reading others codes
    Then try Planet Source Code.

For example, typing win32 in c/c++ yeilds this list of 209 code samples.

For a more advanced book you can try 'Visual C++ Goodies'.

Go Finland!
    Deviant Gallery

hi all,

i would rather suggest that programming can`t be learnt by memorizing the names of books. rather one should take one book from any of the available good books and go through it untill all the basics of that particular language are not clear to u. after that u can refer to any of the available books for adv. programming. as the need/problem arises while u r programming.

i`ve learnt most of the languages this way and hope this is the right way to learn any language. personally , i would recommend "c++ primer-by lippman" for learning c++ because it is written both for newbie and adv. prorammers in simplest possible way.

wish u all, the best.
    SeCuRiTy MaKeS Me TeNsE

There is a similar discussion in this thread: http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=246150

Also, don't forget to search in the newbie FAQs... lots of mentions of code languages there.

Edit:
    These people seem to know what they're talking about as well:
    http://www.antionline.com/showthread...hreadid=246175

Most books Authored by Bjorne Strousip [co developer of C++] are well writen. It's safe to say nobody knows it better than the creators.

I have the book "The C++ Programming Language by Bjarne Stroustrup"
    Bjarne Stroustrup was the creator of C++ and I find his book one of the best
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

I won't recommend VB
    Can be really slow. Good for front end coding for use with databases but otherwise.....

-GL-

I wld recommend C++ how to prog from the Deitel guys ,it's quiet comprehensive in itself and then U can move towards Bjarne Stroustrup.