Thread: virus

virus

ok, my friend has some sorta virus cause her space bar doesnt work and it hasnt for like two weeks now. But i have no idea on wut i need to do, to fix the darn thing. Could yall help me, give me some imput on wut i should do, or where i should start?

Thx
    Once to every man and nation, Comes the moment to decide, In the strife of Truth with Falsehood, For the good or evil side. Then it is the brave man chooses
    While the coward stands aside. James Russell Lowell

Try switching out with a different keyboard.
    Maybe the keyboard is bad.

If that doesn't work then scan her computer with a antivirus.
    =

Yeah the same thing happened with me a while back and it turned out to be the keyboard. So definitely a first to check.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

AO's Mr Grumpy
    If your friend eats at her computer, you'll probably find the k/b is full of crumbs or something similar. Don't laugh, I had the same problem last week , only it was tobacco. Clean k/b, and if that does'nt solve the problem, I would not waste any time on it, and do as cheyenne1212 suggests, replace it
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

I to doubt it is a virus and clean your keyboard. There are vacumes made to clean your keyboard I am pretty sure.

One reason I doubt it would be a virus is because what kind a person writes a virus to dissable your space bar... but i have a question is that even possible?
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

Probably you've got viruses that can disable your mouse and/or your keyboard so i wouldnt be surprised.

PeacE
    -BoB
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'

I dont think its a virus. more likely, its a keyboard problem. Either the space key connection has a problem or there are crumbs under the space key that is preventing it from being activated when u press it. More likely, its the second scenario. I would suggest either cleaning the keyboard by shaking it while upside down or use a vacuum. If that doesnt work then its better to try changing it. It shouldnt cost that much to replace.

If you are a really want to salvage it, u shld try removing the space key and cleaning the inside and then putting it back again. But remember that some keyboards are not made to have individual keys removed. So check first before trying it cos u might end up with a keyboard missing a space key.

thx for you help all!
    Once to every man and nation, Comes the moment to decide, In the strife of Truth with Falsehood, For the good or evil side. Then it is the brave man chooses
    While the coward stands aside. James Russell Lowell

This is to clarify my last post. in it i stated
    "Probably you've got viruses that can disable your mouse and/or your keyboard so i wouldnt be surprised. " This statement has earned me negative points because of how it was read and misinterpreted.

What i meant was that i wouldnt be surprised that a virus could disable a spacebar since there are ones that can disable your mouse and/or keyboard. This was made in responce to the post above it asking if a virus that could disable the space bar was even possible.

Hope that cleared some things up.

PeacE
    -BoB