Thread: What happened to my log on box!!!

Exclamation What happened to my log on box!!!

I have a linksys befsx41 router. After I upgraded the firmware, I don't get a log on box when I go to the routers I.P. address, it takes me directly into the router settings.

Router: (BEFSX41 - Instant Broadband™EtherFast®Cable/DSL Firewall Router with 4-Port Switch/VPN EndPoint)

Firmware version : 1.44

I would be thankful for any help or ideas.

Upgrades:

Since you did a firmware upgrade it appears that linksys failed to keep your user defined settings. Reset the password and send a complaint to linksys. To be safe always download updates ONLY from the manufacturer. I am not saying you didn't do that, just making a suggestion to others.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

I did the upgrade from the linksys site.
    I have reset the password. After resetting it I get the log on box once, but it dosen't come back after that.

I have the same Linksys router that you have at my house. If you are connecting through a browser to the Linksys router, you can use the remember password feature built into the browser. This will save your passwords into a list and automatically log you into websites. This could be the issue you are having with your router. It is asking for a password each time you try to access it, but your browser is entering that info for you. Try turning autocomplete off (In IE) and see what happens.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

Turned Autocomplete off.
    Still no love from the log on box.
    Mad Beaver

Have you tried resetting the entire router (I believe there should be a button on the box somewhere), or was that how you reset the password? If you reset the entire box, back to factory defaults, be sure to write down your configuration beforehand so you'll know how to set the router up when you get squared away...
    - Maverick

Madbeaver: Also are you closing down your browser completely between each logon attempt? Your browser/windows can remember passwords that you have entered in that session. I get a password on mine each time I open the browser to the router config. Try closing down your browser and opening it and see if it asks you for the password. As long as you are not allowing the router to be configured from a remote location, it not asking you for a password everytime you login to it is not too much of a security risk. If this doesnt work, then do what Maverick811 says and reset all the settings. I think mine has a little hole to put a pin into to reset everything.
    N00b> STFU i r teh 1337 (english: You must be mistaken, good sir or madam. I believe myself to be quite a good player. On an unrelated matter, I also apparently enjoy math.)

I reset the router and that fix the problem.
    Thanx everyone
    Mad Beaver