Cd Burner Help

Thread: Cd Burner Help

Cd Burner Help

Hey,
    I upgraded my OS from ME to XP and now that i did that i can't use my cd burner. Probably on reason is...i'm retarded and don't know how to use it other than the "Easy CD Creator" thing and that dont work now, "not compatible with this version". Is there anyting i can do???? please help me, and i'm sorry if i put this in the wrong form thing, i dont really know where i'm supposed to put things yet....lol

Thx
    Once to every man and nation, Comes the moment to decide, In the strife of Truth with Falsehood, For the good or evil side. Then it is the brave man chooses
    While the coward stands aside. James Russell Lowell

Were you sure to reinstall the drivers for the burner? That might help your problem out...does your computer just not recognize the burner at all, or only when you want to burn something? That detail might help as to whether or not there is a problem with the burner or not....Hope this helps, just that a few more details on your problem might help out.
    Carrie: Someone\'s definition of what constitutes cheating is in direct proportion to how much they themselves want to cheat.
    Miranda: That\'s moral relativism!
    Carrie: I prefer to think of it as quantum cheating.

nope, it says that i need to upgrade but that will cost 80$ and i dont wanta do that,

bC

really all i'm askin is if there is any way for me to get a software and not pay for it, or if yall can tell me a way to burn the cd's w/o using a software, like i have two ports but i dont know how to use them, i had to install one myself but never did the research...I know i know, not too smart. but i guess somethings you have to learn the hard way..lol

help if you can, thx
    Once to every man and nation, Comes the moment to decide, In the strife of Truth with Falsehood, For the good or evil side. Then it is the brave man chooses

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Yes ---this post should have been in the Hardware forum

If I understand you correctly, it is your software, ie you version of Easy CD that is not compatible with you version of XP . Is this correct?
    You do not require any additional software to copy data to CD in XP, use the CD writing wizard.
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Just like Jm459 said you don't need CD burning software in XP.

Just put you data into the cd via copy--> the open up you CD-RW folder and paste it there.

Next on the top left of the window you should see "write these files to CD" click that then voilia.

Heres a pic of what it should look like
    =

thx for your help all,
    and sorry about where i put the question, i'll try to look harder before i start writing.

T2uL
    bC

It's a gas!
    You could also download RecordNow burning s/w from HERE