Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Artificial Inteligence

well, genetically, most people can breed from about 13... though emotionally, people shouldn't be allowed to breed till they're about 200...

Wrayth it's fysicaly not genetically !!

I think 21 is a nice age.. it's the average age for giving birth in the UK, so I guess it's not Mark's fault.. it's his enviroment !!
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

GreekGoddess
    *LOL* So I'm assuming I'm not getting any say in this?

That depends... do you ever carry any large weapons?

A-Life

Well interested in the same field, i started some years ago to make some thoughts of AI and the possibilities it offers to us. Now after i have had the AI classes at the university and some more indepth opinions on this matter, here are my general thoughts:
    1) The human brain can not be modeled anyhow right now, since it is not fully understood how it works, neither are its underlying processes reveiled.
    2) AI as a top down approach to true Artificial Life is like trying to construct a Pentium processor without having even a simple logical gate.
    Nevertheless, a "new" movement called A-Life is much more promising as i think to succeed as i think in creating Artificial Life. It is a bottom up approach, meaning that it tries to create A-Life by first creating simple organism. Anyway i just think that most of us, sooner or later are thrilled by the idea of creating Artificial Life. Nevertheless right now we neither have the know-how nor the processing power needed to achieve it. The bottom Up approach seems to me to be the most promising. Look it up.. It is worth the way..

P.s.: Look for the "Drop of Life"-applet

GreekGoddess
    *blinks innocently* I'm all tied up...do YOU think I have a weapon? *evil grin*

yes, the famous life app(let) seen as screensaver on a *nix box near you..

Also creating insect like beings is realy do-able (and hella lots of fun)
    I need to find my notes on building that simple ant like robot..
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Hey, tied up heroines can always get their hands on a weapon, mkay... it's like narrative causality.

Woot,

Goddess, If your to young for breeding we kan just have wild freaky sXX then. Its more fun anyway.

Jinx. I have despatched the lochness monster to deal with your squid.

I'd be looking for permision. The ropes were just a bondage thing

The next step

Yes the little things, Now think you have succeeded in creating a little organism which can breed, look for food, has needs and dies. Make it a simple class, Call it soul, then create a simple class, and call it body, with some simple to programm automatic needs and desires. Then go on creating a simple person by inheriting a soul and body object, place it in a little garden with some simple objects it can interact with... Called it heaven.. And you are God..