Thread: Easy NT Question (But I don't know it!)

Easy NT Question (But I don't know it!)

Hi! I have a test network consisting of 2 computers running NT. My experiment is this: I want to be on Computer A and, from there, go into Computer B and access QBasic and Net Send on that machine. I've mapped a drive to B's C: drive and I can see the drive but if I type "Qbasic" on the command line and, as a test, write and run a script that beeps the computer, computer A beeps instead of B (my target). If I do a net send, it's shows that I'm sending it from A instead of B. Is it possible to do what I'm doing this way or do I need a remote admin type of tool. Any advice? Forgive my ignorance and thanks in advance.

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Wood: All you are doing is executing code on your machine that you are "collecting" from the shared drive on the other machine. In order to truly control the other system you will need some form of remote control program. Netmeeting 3.0 is what you are looking for and will run perfectly well on your systems, (it's probably already installed).
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

That's what I thought. Also, after I posted this I realized that I had rclient installed previously and this allowed me to do a lot.

go to systernals.com and download psexec.exe. it will give you foll control of the remote computer from the command line. it runs the programs ON the remote computer and not as a mapped drive.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”