Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need Help with winXP plz

There is a nice little tool called Treesize available on the web. It gives you a nice graphical view of all the directories/folders/files and allows you to easily see which directories are the space hogs. I think its free and it can be found easily through google, downloads.com, etc... I have used this several times on various clients of mine and find it very intuitive and like it.
    \"Now yer diggin where the taters grow!\"

Thank you very much everybody. I really appreciate it
    [gloworange]\"Imagine a school with children that can read and write, but with teachers who cannot, and you have a metaphor of the Information Age in which we live.\" — Peter Cochrane[/gloworange]

yeh now ur gettin it acid...hell with deleting lil stuff..that wont add up to that much memory...u must have missed my posts as all u have when i said get rid of the extra partition and format??? Read other posts before postin ur reply cuz the same thing might already be posted.

Sorry about that deftones12, plus have skipped over that...

But that is always my solution to any problem, or when I feel my computer is becoming "slow"... just do a nice format/reload
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

yeh i need to redo mine pretty soon...just a hassle when i have to back everything up and keep it all organized...beats redoing a server though 'eh

On a side note, do you have Indexing Service turned on? If so, you might want to turn it off. You might also want to delete all of the files contained in c:\windows\prefetch. This may or may not free up a lot of space, but worth a try I guess.

Also make sure to delete the temp folder files for each account (guests, admin, etc).

You could also try doing a search through start>search>for files or folders, and then having it search for all large files/folders.