Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Location of the IP Address??

Antionline has a nice IP locator here

http://www.antionline.com/tools-and-toys/ip-locate/

Lets not forget Antionline

EDIT: the red dot is sometimes hard to see, kinda have to look for it.

For those of you who went to samspade.com and noticed theres nothing there about IP tracing and what not.. The actual site is www.samspade.org

Just a little clarification
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. - Murphy

Thank ya all!! these tips really helped me lot !!

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Originally posted here by SirSub
    For those of you who went to samspade.com and noticed theres nothing there about IP tracing and what not.. The actual site is www.samspade.org

Just a little clarification
    Doh!

Sorry Folks.
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

http://www.dnsstuff.com/ contains a lot of neat DNS tools with a web interface but the server seems to be currently down...
    Q: Why do computer scientists confuse Christmas and Halloween?
    A: Because Oct 31 = Dec 25

Hmmm I now have an identity issue: AO's IP LOcator places me in Troy, NY< USA... but I know I'm not there.

[P.S. It's okay, I know how it goes ]
    /\\

Also remember, the 'location' of an IP address is only that of who registered that IP block. My ISP is about 50 miles away from my house, so an IP locator would give my location as that. For an extended example, if I set up a Dial-Up account in Belgium, and dialed across seas from the US, if you traced me, it would appear that I don't even live in the western hemisphere. So remember those IP locators are not too exact.

Banned
    Some fire walls have got in built IP tracers. EG good old Norton.

Nightfalls_Girl

Originally posted here by The3ntropy
    Also remember, the 'location' of an IP address is only that of who registered that IP block. My ISP is about 50 miles away from my house, so an IP locator would give my location as that. For an extended example, if I set up a Dial-Up account in Belgium, and dialed across seas from the US, if you traced me, it would appear that I don't even live in the western hemisphere. So remember those IP locators are not too exact.
    Even more. I guess it's all about the company that's distributing it... I mean, I know someone else had my IP, maybe someone in Troy, NY. But I guess the location was not updated or something..

hypronix > Someone else cannot 'have your IP'. The IP addresses are owned by the ISP or corporation that purchased them. Tracing programs have nothing to do with the person connected to the internet, and they have nothing to do with tracing people. Their names are misleading. All that a 'tracing' program does is do a whois on the IP address, and see the address that they have registered when they purchased that IP or IP block and then relate that postage address to the state, zip code, street, et cetera. You could be an IP tracing program if you just query'd the arin whois database with an IP address then went to mapquest and entered in the address that it said it was.