Thread: I really need to Help to find out who this person is

I really need to Help to find out who this person is

HI,
    I'm having an issue with something. Recently this individual started AIMing my GF harrassing here and scaring her. He sounded like a stalker because he said a lot of stuff which not everyone knows. I created a new Username and i talked to this individual. I was able to get his IP address. I do NOT want to h@ck this person, nor i wanna do anything at all to him. I just want to find out who this person is. I did Neotrace and didnt really help much. all I want to find out the name of this person. I believe he/she is using Verizon DSL. Could I call Verison and ask them who this person is? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you
    [gloworange]\"Imagine a school with children that can read and write, but with teachers who cannot, and you have a metaphor of the Information Age in which we live.\" — Peter Cochrane[/gloworange]

ummmm ever heard of the block button??

v_Ln

ok maybe i was a bit harsh there - but really it is the only thing you can do
    you could report it to his ISP - they wont tell you who it is but they may remove his service (tho i doubt it)
    report it to abuse@aol.com - if he is just using the free aim tho all they can do is remove his account and whats to stop him from signing up under a new name - ditto goes for blocking

the only way to truely stop it is to either
    1. Change screen names and make sure only the people you want to talk to have it
    2. Keep blocking him if he keeps changing names

well aware of that...but I dont just want to block this person...i want to find out who it is...u cant just block a person who knows so much without knowing who it is.
    [gloworange]\"Imagine a school with children that can read and write, but with teachers who cannot, and you have a metaphor of the Information Age in which we live.\" — Peter Cochrane[/gloworange]

Save some of the conversations that he has said.
    Also you can see if he's talking to you on an AOL screen name by click "Get Info" and if it says
    "Note: AOL member profiles are not accessible through AOL Instant Messenger." then he's got AOL for sure. He might still have AOL but has an AIM screen name.

Still if you save the conversations that have been or to come and send them to AOL they might do something about it or look into it.

Also I thought AOL monitors the conversations. My friend had his AOL account taken down because of some things he said to people.
    [glowpurple]NooNoo\'s [/glowpurple]

If you feel like pressing harassment charges there are ways to force the ISP to divulge their name and location, but I think that's only if they're presented a court order.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of hackers, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    I am what I am and I do what I can.