Hmm GoOoOoOgle??? Y?

Thread: Hmm GoOoOoOgle??? Y?

Hmm GoOoOoOgle??? Y?

Hey,

Can anyone tell me what the big fascination with Google is here at AO. I mean why are there so many people promoting it? Is it really that good? What's so special about Google and not Yahoo or Hotmail or any other search engine. Im sorry to be so blunt about it. But it is so frekin' annoying seeing people talk about frekin' Google every minute. Please don't take this the wrong way. I just want to understand more so mabey I can become a big Google fan aswell.

Cheers!
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419

Because google is the best search engine!The first kind is called the searchable subject index. Which is a kind of search engine that only searches titles and descriptions of sites and it doesn't search individual pages. Yahoo is a searchable subject index. Then there are full-text search engines which are computerized spiders which contain around millions and billions of pages. These pages can be searched by title or content, allowing for much more searches then searchable subject index. Google is a full-text search engine, that is why google is the best search engine in the world.
    Hope that helped you .

Cya
    --d00dz--
    First you listen, then you do, finally you teach.
    Duck Hunting Chat
    VirtualConvenience
    RROD

Hey Thanx...Alright now that I have that out of the way. Someone told me that Goolgle is really good if u know how to search for things. Is this true and if it is what does it mean. I alwayz thought u type something u want to search and then search. But then he gave me this can anyone help me figure out or tell me what thia is and how do u get it............................................... inurl:fbi.gov filetype:xls.............
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419

The Recidivist
    not to mention google is powered by linux!

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche