Thread: test of intelligence

test of intelligence

Enjoy!!!!!!

1.Question:
    A quick test of intelligence. Don't cheat! Because if you do, the test will be no fun.

There are no Tricks to the test. Read this sentence:
    FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
    SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-
    IC STUDY COMBINED WITH
    THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.

Now count aloud the F's in that sentence. Important, count them ONLY ONCE: do not go back and count them again

2.There is a town in Texas where 5 percent of all the people living there have unlisted phone numbers. If you selected 100 names at random from the town's phone directory, on average, how many of these people would have unlisted phone numbers?

Anwser at the bottom No CHEATING

Answer:1
    One of average intelligence finds three of them. If you spotted four, you're above average. If you got five, you can turn your nose at most anybody. If you caught six, you are a genius. There is no catch. Many people forget the "OF"'s. The human brain tends to see them as V's and not F's.

Answer: 2
    None.

You will not find unlisted phone numbers in a phone directory
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

Score:

Q1: I am a genius.
    Q2: beep, wrong answer...damn!!!
    Beware Clarity! A person talking to you in clear language is clearly using obsolete ideas.

Q1: I too am genius.
    Q2: Uh, Dur. . . uh, what, uh, nevermind...
    Because I am a woman, I must make unusual efforts to succeed. If I fail, no one will say, "She doesn't have what it takes"; They will say, "Women don't have what it takes".
    Clare Boothe Luce

1 : Genuis

ummm and do i get extra points for finding a flaw in the second question??

100 names at random from the town's phone directory
    actually the names of people with unlisted numbers will still apear in a towns phone directory - just not in a town's phone book
    I work for the UK's largest directory service and even xd/nc (ex-directory/ no calls) or unlisted people's details still appear in the actual directory just not their numbers...
    so you could select 100 hundred names form the directory and still come across people whos numbers were not listed
    If your in the UK you can try it - if your number is unlisted or you know of someone's who is just dial 192 (Directory inqueries) and give the name and address....you will be informed that the number is xd/nc so it does actually appear otherwise it would just come back NT (No Trace)

But if you were to rephrase the question
    00 names at random from the town's phone book
    then the answer given would be correct =P

v_Ln

1) I got 6.
    2) I got right, for what valhallen said.
    Does this mean am smart? Yup.
    [gloworange]I will always win with A Ace[/gloworange]