Thread: i have some problems with.....

i have some problems with.....

hi ... thank to help me...... my question are:
    1/what is the AIM ... and who i can use it?
    2/when i have a phone conection i can download all yhing than i want and now i have a modem..... and it is not able to download some thing ... what i can do to dawnload this as when i don have the modem.
    3/mi netmeeting don't open i thin that is somethin of the problem in the modem conection because the modem don't need phone conection.... i realy want my netmeeting operatin again... what i can do?
    answer me....please i need your help..

best wishes jeralcker

er0k

Re: i have some problems with.....

Originally posted here by jeralcker
    hi ... thank to help me...... my question are:
    1/what is the AIM ... and who i can use it?
    2/when i have a phone conection i can download all yhing than i want and now i have a modem..... and it is not able to download some thing ... what i can do to dawnload this as when i don have the modem.
    3/mi netmeeting don't open i thin that is somethin of the problem in the modem conection because the modem don't need phone conection.... i realy want my netmeeting operatin again... what i can do?

best wishes jeralcker
    1.AIM stands for Aol Instant Messenger, you can get it at www.aim.com - its for talking to people in somewhat realtime.

2. I have no idea what you mean, if you are connected to the internet and you dont have download restrictions, you should be able to download stuff..

3. be more specific.

3/mi netmeeting don't conect me to the net i think my netmeeting don't operate, because it need phone line, and my modem conect me when i active it...... but it don have cables than conect the computer to a phone.. so i need you to tell me who i can put the netmeeting operatin with the modem and not whit the phone.

What you mean to say is that you now have a CABLE MODEM, right? You said that it doesn't need the phone connection.
    A Cable Modem hooks to your computer's internal Modem. Every computer that can access the internet has a modem inside of it. A Cable Modem is an additional modem that feeds to your computer's.
    As for being unable to download something, that makes no sense. If it is the same computer you used to use, that you just added a cable modem to, it should be able to download just like it did before you got the cable modem.
    As for the netmeeting I'm not sure. Unless it has something to do with your IP address, but phone line IPs change everytime you connect to the internet.
    Give more details and please try to speak clearly. The poor grammar makes it difficult to understand you.

Watcher
    \"The feeling of losing your mind is a terrible thing. But once it\'s gone, you\'re fine.\"
    Carrie Fisher

I think what he means in question 2 is when he has the modem he can download anything he wants. but when he doesn't have the modem
    (I think he shares it with another computer) he can't download anything
    Well there is only one thing you can do is either go out and buy another modem for your
    computer or just leave it in you current computer

Question 3 From what I can make out is that he doesn't have a phone line that connects to the back of his compuer to the phone jack on the wall The second part of the question don't know yet

If you have a regular dialup modem and not a cable modem then you need a phone cord to connect your modem to your phone jack. You will have to go out and buy one. Im not really sure what is being asked though so im not going to be able to be much help.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

thank you to answer my questions
    bye see you

If u are using a dialup modem then telephone line is needed, with modem alone u cant connect
    you didnt mentioned how u tried to download , is it by any download manager ????
    if u are usrin cable modem and sharing with another computer, and cant download , it means the system ur sharing uses proxy server, if the proxy server supports then find the settings of ur download manger and specify the port no and ip address of the proxy server, if its socks proxy then u have to provoide username and password also, it will solve this
    might be ur using server assigned ip address when u connect to the cable modem,
    when ur offline u cant use netmeeting, try when online

be more clear with ur questions so that ppl here can answer u quickly