When the **** hits the fan.

Thread: When the **** hits the fan.

When the **** hits the fan.

When you enter this "world"(of computers), you enter a world that is so well coordenated
    you can predict what is next,this world is so well designed it fits in a box.
    When you think about it its so perfect ,its not real,
    think yourself 100 yrs back, would you still be sitting 15hrs a day on that chair where the not-yet-invented pc used to be.

We made our own little perfect world, with its own perfect organisms, and then we say its jus
    mere electricity passing through the 0's and 1's,
    we make it do all our calculations and yet we say a comnputer is only as smart as the human using it, bull,
    would you say a car is only as fast as the human driving it,
    or
    the lion is only as tough as the human taunting it??

Think about it ,this is the only thing WE HAVE FULL CONTROL OVER.
    We can give it an order and it could do it in 5 mins or in 6 months time-> whenever we want it to be excecuted.

I started using pc's when i was 5 yrs and was a dosjuncky(little EINzTEIN).
    I believe that the computer is alot more than what we use it for, i guess the reason must be a lack of comunication.

Anyways this just a thread that i tried to show my gratidute to the computer "world" and
    for all the ppl who ever worked on one.

Banned
    I see.. so what you are saying is that goldfish are able to travel back in time with the aid of a walking stick?

Thank you for this new insight to life.

(</sarcasm>, am i the only one who cannot understand this? im sure its a good post.. i think..)

Edit; quick question -- why is this thread called "when the s**t hits the fan" ?

Flash M0nkey
    ummm i think he is trying to say that a computers could be so much more if only we would let them...that they can only do what they are told but if we were able to give them better commands they would show much more potential than they have already......

than again i could have taken this the complete wrong way - is hard to know

v_Ln

vanhallen u right.
    jus think of the computer as a bulldowzer , then the human comes gets in the bd and
    starts herding cattle( ) -> a bulldowzer could be used to herd cattle,nothing wrong with that, but what if you took that bulldowzer to ram a tree(only those that are in the way(GREEN PEACE )) , thats a much more efficient/better use for it.

Same with the computer,we could be using it for alot more.

i guess this thread should'v been named WHEN WOULD THE **** HIT THE FAN

well, guess we are stuck here in this generation where knowledge is discardet like trash.

Cheers
    and thank u for responding to me through this little mysterious PERFECT world.

Banned
    Einz I am going to agree with you but, being the creators of technology we are the only ones that can make it better. But maybe it would be best to sayt that we are the only ones that can make it work or have it not to work.

Whizkid2300

Did you just see T3 or something? What is with everyone thinking that technology can think for itself. Technology progresses all the time and we use what we have to it's full technological extent.

We made our own little perfect world, with its own perfect organisms, and then we say its jus
    mere electricity passing through the 0's and 1's,
    we make it do all our calculations and yet we say a comnputer is only as smart as the human using it, bull,
    would you say a car is only as fast as the human driving it,
    or
    the lion is only as tough as the human taunting it??
    I don't think anyone has ever said that a perfect world exists anywhere. Look around you, real life is definately not perfect and cyberspace is just as bad. As far as the bull to the statement "a computer is ony as smart as the human using it." This statement is completely true. A computer has no AI, it has no neural pathways. Could that technology exist? Yes. However at this point in time we don't have the means to achieve that goal. One day electronics will have neural pathways but they won't be called computers. They will be androids, AI, or some yet unthought of term. Also you can't compare smarts to speed. How smart you are relies on various outside influences. Speed is steady. The car is moving at that speed, not the driver. It is powered by it's motor. The statement would be a car is only as fast as the motor powering it. Btw as a side note electricity doesn't pass threw 1s and 0s. Electricity is a 1 or a 0. On or Off. It passes threw logic gates, relays, transistors, resistors, capacitors and so on.

In case you did decide on this because of seeing T3. Let me just tell you that T3, while being an amazing movie, was horrible inacurrate in it's portrayal of technology and the ability to remote control it. The movie lacked realism of any sort and can't even be taken as a slight idea of what the future holds and what will be possible. I don't want to spoil the movie for those who haven't seen it, so I wont' give you examples but feel free to contact me in PM. Mind you I could be way off, but it seems to me that this was another one of the T3 inspired posts that we seem to be seeing quite a bit. People can't seem to grasp the difference between Hollywood and reality.
    IT Blog: .:Computer Defense:.
    PnCHd (Pronounced Pinched): Acronym - Point 'n Click Hacked. As in: "That website was pinched" or "The skiddie pinched my computer because I forgot to patch".

well no i did not see T3 .

[qoute]
    . Also you can't compare smarts to speed. How smart you are relies on various outside influences. Speed is steady. The car is moving at that speed, not the driver. It is powered by it's motor. The statement would be a car is only as fast as the motor powering it
    [/qoute]

then i would have said the computer is only as smart as the electricity or processer ,
    what i mean is that i'm trying to emphasis the humans using these things they built(if humans didn't build things then only the perimides would be on this earth ) and not using it RIGHTly
    bahhh if other ppl don't see it the way i do, thats fine,
    cause ppl alwayz say : hey EINzTEIN, you dead!!
    ----I AINT DEAD
    I'M JUS LIVING IN MY HEAD---
    so my philosiphy is bit weird.
    cheers**