Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: restricted sites

perhaps its because your internet options have been set to not show certain websites. you can change these options by opening op your ie browser and clicking tools then internet options. maybe a parental control option is on...?
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=442
    You need people of intelligence on this sort of quest...

Unhappy

chefer - thank u so much for all the help but for some reason nothing worked

AciDriveHB - im using dial up but i refresh the pagez and alota nd it jus never workz then i go back a cuple days later and the same thing happens. . .

DeahtOMen - i did get mozilla instead of opera BUT now ever sence i had then when i send people imagez on aim they see it different colorz like i sent a layout i made and they saw it green and dark purple when the layouts is achually red and black so i deleted mozilla but the color problum is still happening even after i turned off and rested my computer for the night does anyone know a way i can fix this now?

ugh i think my computerz just never gonna work

thank all of u guys for being so nice and tryen to help me i appreciate it alottttttt *hugz and kisses*

sorry about the incorrect typing. . .

p.s. i also uplouded the layout somewhere and sent it to them as a url and they still see it different colorz and there all useing IE

Well got me with the problem directly. The only other thing I can think of is go into your Internet Options and "Delete Files" and also check "Delete all offline content". Your cache could be overloaded. Another thought would be, delete all the files in any temp directions you have, then do a full scan disk and defrag. That might help? Personally I think I would format/reload because maybe it's just a system glitch. Beyond that I'm out of ideas right now, sorry!

As for your AIM, if you are using the one that came with Mozilla, try going to AOL's website and download the IM client off them and install it. Make sure to uninstall the older one first. Usually the AIM that is packaged with those things are a little modified, and always out of date. I know you can update them, but this way just seems more clean and it's from the IM provider (AOL) which might help your problem.

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

well ive been using AIM for a cuple of years now i got it off of the aim website do u think that it could have somehow been infected by that mozilla browser?. . . well im upgrading my aim now but this never happened until i downloaded that new browser but i got rid of mozilla anyways... i wanted to reboot my whole computer and just start from scratch but i forgot how to do so and last time i called in and had them help me my mom was mad because the phone call was to expensive lol so umm ill jus have to wait and see wha happens

Hmmm, I never had that prob. with Mozilla. It must be something else. I run both IE and Mozilla. There are two Mozilla's out there. One that is very stable and a new updated one that they are still getting the bugs out. I use the older of the two. It is very stable. And I was wondering, how old are you? No big deal, just wondering. My daughter started working with computers in her teens. It's a big new world out there, please be careful.

Freddy
    cybnut

when i send people imagez on aim they see it different colorz like i sent a layout i made and they saw it green and dark purple when the layouts is achually red and black so i deleted mozilla but the color problum
    Ok, I might be able to help you out a little bit. When you went to mozilla.org what version of mozilla did you download? And then, when you installed it, did you do a complete install or did you just install the browser part of the Mozilla package? Also, you said that you had been using AIM for a couple of years, i would seriously recomend going back to www.aim.com to download the most recent version of AIM. If i were you, i would reinstall AIM and your problem should be fixed.

Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

heh i know this may sound like a silly thing to check but probs with color might be caused by a faulty monitor and not a fault in the software itself? Its just that I never heard of a browser effecting settings in that way where as my old monitor started to go and although colors didn't change as such everything wasn't in true color - was kinda 3 shades darker than what the actual color was

not going to get into a 'what browser is best' type argument (plenty of them here already )
    but personnaly I have always found opera to be more stable and a heck of alot faster than other browsers - i have to use netscape/opera/IE to check cross compatability
    and out of those 3 i would def rank opera at the top

v_Ln