*Random Thoughts on Networking Tools*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: *Random Thoughts on Networking Tools*

Banned

My first Tutorial (No Hax0r's)

Ok this is my first tutorial, so please donít flame me to hell. I decided to right my first tutorial about something that I know about. First thing first though I am not teaching people how to hack everything that I will say in this Tutorial is basic stuff that everyone just about knows and has access to. If you just go to www.Google.com and type How to be a hacker or Learn to hack and you will get this stuff so please, oh please do not flame me for this take this Tutorial with like a grain of sand it is a little part in a big scheme of things.

What you will learn in this tutorial, no you will not learn how to hack Hotmail but I will tell you a possible way but you should already know this. So I guess I should answer that one first. I would imagine that you can Hack hotmail with a couple Brute Force Attacks. I bit of C++ or Perl scripts could possible get you the password. But guess what if you know enough Perl or C++ to do that then you will probably have already written a Script for that. Know if that works or not I am not sure. I personally have not tried nor will I try I have better things to do then go to jail, or even try I get nothing out of it.

Next thing that I will go over is how to hack someoneís computer guess what I am not going to tell you that you have to work damn hard to do that and I feel that if I tell you that then I have completely underminded the entire thought and theory of being a Uber Hax0r. I am not the worldís best Hax0r, I would not even call myself a Hax0r.

So letís begin letís start with a joke. Ok Bill Gates lovers donít take this offensive.
    Why did Bill Gates cross the street to screw you into buying another version of Windows. How many AOL disks do you get in a month, I donít know to many to count. LOL

Ok so letís start, Whizkid2300 mutters something about a Trojan. Oh oh sorry thinking out load.

First thing this one everyone Noob or other needs to learn this one Telnet you saving grace. If you are using Windows go to StartŗRunŗtype telnet. And Voila you have telnet open now a lot of us when we go in Telnet it automaticly puts you in an open window all you have to do is type the place that you want to go. Just for teachingís sake I will use another website. Press O and then type in drill.hackerslab.org then you will be at a screen with a frog nice little website to practice your hacking. Ok just in case you want to play around in there the User id is Level0 and the password is guess .Now if you tried to connect and you get an window then I think your Telnet client is not automatically connected not bad but you can still use go to connectŗRemote System in the host name type drill.hackerslab.org in the port put telnet. In the term type put VT100 I canít really explain what Vt100 is (would love for someone to tell me if you could) Ok but I can tell you that most computers are configured to read it. Now you are an Uber. HAAHAHA AHHA AHAH Whizkid2300 laughs to himself. Ha oh sorry.
    Oh yeah when you are in drill.hackerslab.org you are in a *NIX shell the plan is to get the password hidden somewhere in that system for those of you new to *nix remember whoami and whereis (file)
    Ok since you have learned about telnet, I guess I will teach you about one more thing maybe two. Ok Tracert The tracert command is used to visually see a network packet being sent and received and the amount of hops required for that packet to get to its destination.

Pre note I did not feel like typing this little bit so I pasted it.

SYNTAX
    tracert [-d] [-h maximum_hops] [-j host-list] [-w timeout] target_name
    Options:
    -d Do not resolve addresses to hostnames.
    -h maximum_hops Maximum number of hops to search for target.

Now if you type tracert www.hackerslab.org you should get something like
    <10 ms <10ms <10ms 197.53.67.1
    <30 ms <30ms <40ms 193.59.62.21

Now there are a couple of things about tracert that you should now the first one is it will go up to 30 hops which means if you did the one I just said then you should after the first one get timed out that (I think that ) the requested server or sight has a firewall.

Play around with that a while and you will learn more.

Really cool tool.

Now the last one is Ping oh so cool but first.
    Let me show you the average idiot. If someone ever says that my IP address is 127.0.0.1 they are definitely an idiot. With out a doubt because that is there IP address for them only go to. I will explain in a minute.

Ok Ping so cool the want to be hacker tool. Go to StartŗRunŗCommandŗtype in ping. Now after that you will get a chart and I donít feel like typing that chart but Ėt is a perpetual ping it will usually stop after the 4 one but if you type ping Ėt 127.0.0.1 then you will ping yourself perpetually now if you are running an old OS then you will you might crash your system will system will take up time and space to ping so after you ping yourself. Stop the ping just close the window.

I think that explains a couple cool tools now if you have any question on the Linus side on how to do any of these things. Pm me and I will explain but I thought that most Linux users would probably know how to all of these already.

But, I am ever willing to help.

Just as a cool tool Nslookup in linux try that command on a command line.

Hope I thought you something if not sorry I keep this very simple next one will be a lot more comprehensive. I think I will make a couple all with beginner things.

As a note for any idiot that wants to become a Hax0r learn a couple programming languages. They will definitely come in hand.

So I think that I will end with a joke. How many Microsoft Techs does it take to screw in a light bulb. I donít they all glued to there chair. Stupid I know. I will post funnier ones on my next Tuturial.

Oh yeah as a note if anyone can think of a way to make this better post it, or anything that I forgot post it.

Last but not least all true Hax0r learn from themselves and others there is plenty of knowledge out there and we all rather want to be Hax0r or system admin need to learn form each other because who better to teach you the weakness in your system then the person that is going to try to break in.

I had fun writing this short tut hope you had fun reading it.

Whizkid2300
    Share on Google+

LOL

Could someone prescirbe me the drugs whizkid2300 is on ??
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !
    Share on Google+

Banned
    weed you asked

Whizkid2300
    Share on Google+

Flash M0nkey
    I think you've had a bit much of it well

v_Ln
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Hey Val thanks for the points though. THere is nothing in that tut that is at all harmfull to other people that is all begginer stuff now if you are complaining with my grammer I will take that I was rushing to type that so it was probably poorly put together. But don't flame nme because of the content because if you don't know about anythin gon ther then you might of lerane dsomething which I take that you probably know about everything in there. So the question is where did I go wrong because I wrote a tut on a Bad topic there is nothing in there that can even remotely be important I mean god I talked about Telnet for god sakes who does not know about Telnet, and ping. HUH.

Whizkid2300
    Share on Google+

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    It's not the content per se but rather... what the hell is your tut about? There is no direction or purpose in it...
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage
    Share on Google+

Banned
    Ok that I will take I will rea write it because of lack of direction. Hey Ms Mittens will you delete this and I will re-write and post it at a later date with more info and direction.

Whizkid2300
    Share on Google+

Flash M0nkey
    **Was going to be a PM until I noticed half way thro WizzKid had replied in thread to my assignment - so if he wants to discuss it in open.........**

Look I know it was your first tutorial but you been here long enough to know what topics are & are not AO friendly...if you had done a tutorial on how to stop people accessing a computer by telnet then that might be different.....
    but it was only a tutorial in the loosest sense of the word - where was the structure...the information even?? you touched on s couple of areas but really did not do more than name them - you showed how to access telnet but what about the commands when your in there ??
    Pick one area and go into detail - the whole point of tutorials is to teach people something they don't already know not to give them little glimpses of different topics.
    Decide on an area - read up on it...play around yourself and then decide how your goin to structure your tutorial :: for example
    say you choose telnet....
    describe how to connect
    move onto basic commands - changing dir etc
    maybe touch on some more advanced commands
    offer links to dif resources you found on subject
    even dif telnet clients other than windows standard one

you gotta give your tutorial purpose - not just fill it with random crap which doesn't explain anything....
    Yes you may be writing for begginers but that really does nothing but teach them some words - they won't be able to achieve anything much more than they could already - hell most of it is self explanitary....

Now this isn't me flamming this is me providing constructive critisism....if you want to carry on this debate it is prolly best done in PM - as this msg was originally intended but I thought best to reply in the thread this once saying as you had already decided to make your grievience public knowledge

v_Ln
    Share on Google+

now that's a better title..

and a more appropriate place..

thx MsM

To continue on the topic of telnet..

telnet 62.131.200.99
    or
    telnet towel.blinkenlights.nl
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !
    Share on Google+

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    You forgot the port option... telnet ipaddress port# ..

Most people don't realize that they can telnet to any port on a machine (that is offering a service). Whether the service responds or not is another question... (depends on the service)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage
    Share on Google+