Thread: WinModems

WinModems

My internet isn't working on linux. i dont know why but i think its my modem. WinModems dont work on unless its on Windows.Am i correct?

yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

yeah http://www.linmodems.org/ is a gr8 site. they have drivers or links to almost all winmodems (linmodems). If you have a lucent modem you will have to count on your luck since they don't have drivers for all lucent chipsets.

Lightbulb Modem checking

you should try querying the modem using iether kppp or minicom to check for shure. or check it on your distros hardware database.

depends on your modem chipset they've pretty much given you the links already. linmodems helped me set up my LT winmodem under linux

good luck

"WinModems" is actually a very incorrect term. In actuallity what you are dealing with is'nt actually a modem at all. Software does all of the modem communications for the hardware making it just an extension of that hardware. The Linmodems site actually creates Linux based software to take place of the MicroSoft software that operates these devices. A serious recommendation would be to buy an actual modem.