High-Tech Vehicle Control Not Catching On

Thread: High-Tech Vehicle Control Not Catching On

Banned

High-Tech Vehicle Control Not Catching On

A vehicle control system that has been proven in Germany to cut down dramatically on accidents is available on just 6 percent of vehicles in the United States.
    Full Source Here

Opinions ?

Sounds like a new form of ABS, which is actually cool. They should get on top of that if it works well. Though the thing might be that the people in the US might not be satisfied with the testing results yet and are waiting. Either that or working on their own version that that technology so we don't have to outsource. Americans are weird like that it seems.

I personally don't like that stuff, never have. Any car I drive with ABS I feel like I'm going to die anytime I need to stop. I have always had power assisted braking, but that I like. I mean I know when my car is going to slide and when it's not, and to this day I've never been into an accident of the sort due to the pproblem of braking. Though I think I might like this, as long as it doesn't include the use of ABS! Because we all know how it is whenever you fish tail, or have the fear of doing it.

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Banned
    *The* problem with cars with ESC, is in the word itself: electronic. The first cars having ESC were completely lost without it: ESC fails, cars become unstearable. Fortunately, that ain't the case anymore. ESC fails, normal controls take over. Audi launched its Quattro system 20 years ago already. It still is superior to ESC (but patented). Quattro cars still aren't allowed to compete in most car races because of their superiority (or 'cheating' as the other competors call it)...

Quattro. Combine Quattro with ABS, EBD, EDL, ASR and ESP, and you have an uber-superior car.

I can see how this system could help drasticaly where I live, as we have lots of deer that run out in front of you, and theres also lots of curves that I tend to "swing" around.

If I had one of those in my car I would like to have a manual cutoff switch just in case the thing did go crazy. Also, theres just some times when you have to spin your tires ex... Friday, Saturday night in town. The local Sonic drive in. lol. I do use my 360 in my truck sometimes. I have to "wear" in my tires .
    =

Yes yes I like the way you think cheyenne1212!
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    [/shadow]

I'm glad we think alike AciDriveHB. There just comes a time in a mans life when one has to make sure that his engine is still developing all the horsepower it is suppose to be.

c'ya
    =

Mmmmmm power!

All and all, you really need to be able to know that you can use your car/truck/whatever when you need to and not have to worry about a "system crash" that will end up causing a wreck. I see it as if I can't turn it off, then I'm not going to use it. Because I am the type of driver that trusts that when I need to lock up the brakes to swing my back end out so I can slide around something or just to be able to turn my car 90 degrees to be able to avoid totally wrecking into something... that I will have that power and not have some computer system GUESS what is happening, going to happen, or MIGHT happen and play by those rules. I WANT CONTROL, not leave it up to a car. Don't need SkyNet telling me how to drive or anything!

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [/shadow]

Originally posted here by AciDriveHB
    Mmmmmm power!

All and all, you really need to be able to know that you can use your car/truck/whatever when you need to and not have to worry about a "system crash" that will end up causing a wreck. I see it as if I can't turn it off, then I'm not going to use it. Because I am the type of driver that trusts that when I need to lock up the brakes to swing my back end out so I can slide around something or just to be able to turn my car 90 degrees to be able to avoid totally wrecking into something... that I will have that power and not have some computer system GUESS what is happening, going to happen, or MIGHT happen and play by those rules. I WANT CONTROL, not leave it up to a car. Don't need SkyNet telling me how to drive or anything!

Just a thought...
    ~AciD

Exactyly my thoughts.
    =

Yea i think that with technology evolving electronics is always gonna play a major role, I was reading resently that the average car has 3 miles of wiring in it, thats without CAN bus's that cut down on the wiring, as cars get more intellegent the amount of wiring will increase cos of the need for more sensors.

Ive driven both power assisted and non-assisted cars, I dont know whether any one has ever tryed it but if you cut the engine off will the cars rolling and try and true or brake its a lot more difficult. Its not like a un assisted car which as fine to drive without the electronics on, If your gonna try it remove the fuse dont cut the engine like i did at first and then have the steering lock turn on while the cars oversteerring I was on an old airstrip so i was fine.

I think that devlopments in technology like advances in abs are good for people who have to drive allot, they will have difficulty catching on with true drive enthusists, who enjoy pushhing a car to its limits,

as for the 6% of it in america, it amazes me and allot of other people in the UK how you get away without wearing seat belts and crash belts on bikes.

I suppose one reason we have to wear seat belts and crash helmets is cos are goverment pays for are health care where as yours makes u pay.

Also a different culture,

i2c