Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: need help

*gives cdkj a big hug* it's ok, we won't judge you on your ISP... it's only about the post quality here at AOL... I mean AO

Hehhe... you know I'm just joking with you!
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

*gives hugs back* Thanks for not judgeing me on my isp lmao
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

I like to Thank everybody For their help so far so good her computer been runnig good.

I told her not to reinstall AOLHELL 9.0 I just hope she listen well if not i'll hear

her crying again

Thanks again guys

From the one with no real isp

cdkj
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

*gives cdkj another big hg*

Awwwww it's ok, maybe we will start a collection for those deprived of a nice ISP... just to give them a lending hand. And/or maybe we should start a conference room for AOL users... a kind of support group thing... hehehe

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    [/shadow]

AOL=Internet for dummies ( or has that already been copywrited ? )

But it is amazing how loyal their users get. I've talked to dozens of people who were tired of the download speeds and pissed that they could not connect during peak periods, so they go out and get a broadband connection and keep AOL ! I don't get it. And probably a few hundred or so that use it and don't know anything else, don't know how to customize it but they won't change.

I too cringe when someone is trying to explain a problem and then they say they have AOL. I have kept a copy of the current release for years just to be able to figure out how to help them; wasn't bad when I could reformat the floppy, but I use old burned RedHat CDs as coasters ( currently using 8.0 ), I don't need all those AOL Cds.

But back on target to the original thread. Just had someone who complained they had to log on twice every time ( log on, lock up, log on ... one of those ones described with broadband connection. ) They were using XP Home and AOL 8.0 After the fifth tech ( the first four disconnected them ) they were finally told to reinstall 8.0 but from DISK ONLY, not from the download.

Well, that worked. Anyone have an idea why??
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

That is weird. Usually it's always the problem comes on the disk, and you would go to the website and download the newest version of whatever to correct the problem.

And speaking of getting disconneted, I know how that is. I sat for 2 hours while a friend of mine tried calling AOL tech support. She would always get disconnected right after she got ahold of someone, and finally she just gave up and we had to go to my plae and install AOL on a system to get any help. Which is sad to think about seeing as how loyal the people are who typical have AOL. Weird to think about..
    ~AciD
    [/shadow]

why would anyone want to use AOL with linux or just plain AOL in general??

Why wait, move to earthlink.

Nah why even bother with Internet at all, it's just dull and boring and too complicated to deal with right? I say lets get two tin cans, some string, and then you'll be connected to an even more powerful network!

*grin*
    ~AciD
    [/shadow]