Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: need help

That would be cool. Actually it would be funny to see an open source version of AOL... because then that means people would see a version of AOL that would probably WORK! Plus make it so it only had technical support for *nix users and such, but have a "solution" for Windows. I can see this being a BIG Tech Humor joke....

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

It's was Aol 9.0 optimized which is still in the beta stage she reinstalled windows so far so good it working i told her not to use the 9.0 version.

Me to tell you the truth i hate it but i got to use it until oct. The dumbest thing i ever did was pay for it for a year.
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

*gives cdkj a big hug* It's ok, if you need we can start a support group. The first step in any program is admiting your addiction! You have the support of your fellow AO members! =)

But honestly, you are right about her installing 9. Never ever install a beta unless you are ready for trouble. ESPECIALLY with an OS that has major issues to start with. Hope all goes well though, let us know...

Your mate...
    ~AciD
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    [/shadow]

I agree with Acid, never go with Betas unless you know what you're doing and are ready to deal with all the goodies that comes with buggy software. As for the OS, so far I have yet to see an OS as unstable as ME. Has anyone else found one thats worst?
    And so at last the beast fell and the unbelievers rejoiced. But all was not lost, for from the ash rose a great bird. The bird gazed down upon the unbelievers and cast fire and thunder upon them. For the beast had been reborn with its strength renewed, and the followers of Mammon cowered in horror. -from The Book of Mozilla, 7:15

Windows Version 1, which if I remember correctly would die on boot every time! But that is not as commonly used like ME. Though back in high school on our old Macs running system 7.5.1, it would crash all the time due to network issues... does that count? Then it was funny because I always would restart them and do the "sad Mac face" on the screen and scare people.

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [/shadow]

LOL I used the first version of windows for about 30 minutes and decided, it had no future and DOS ruled beyond comprehension. Go figure.... Does anyone else "gringe" when a friend asks about his or her internet connection problems and the word (acronym) AOL comes out of their mouths? *shudders*
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

LOL I know what you mean. But at least oyu can figure on the user level... typically. Then again if they can do the talk, maybe they are just caught up in the system like cdkj is ?

~AciD
    [/shadow]

I still dont understand why people use this sorry excuse for an internet connection. Its overpriced and not even a true connection. Oh well maybe its all the pretty ads and pictures. or is it subliminal messages. the world may never know. haha

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

Actually I do think people use it due to the fact everything is right there. They have the "Keyword" feature which I've seen tons of people use for things. And everything is at a click of the button. Plus they don't know any better, or don't want to take the time to learn the tricks of the computer. Typically it's just people who get on because they want to check their email.

Or it's the free Internet service that came with their computer, and it's the first thing they are introducted to. Which can draw back to the first statement I made. It's a cycle then, never ending.

If you are just a "normal" user who gets on and off and doesn't care about bandwidth speeds, then AOL can be a good ISP to have. If you get into trying to beta test, only have one computer to really play on, etc factors you can really have a mess after awhile. Most of the time it's those people too who are just trying to stay up-to-date with technology and the new things. Because we all know how cool the "new" version of anything can be. New features, interfaces, or whatever.

Though then you do it and it screws up and you can't back track and it leads to people getting fired, familys breaking up, and in the end people dying. How, HOW COULD AOL LET THIS GO ON I ASK YOU...... MADDNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait, they get pissed off then they get cable, I forgot. Sorry =)

On a more seriously joking note, I loved teh old AOL commericals (now that I think about it). "My friend told me I should try AOL. But I said why, I've already got a computer?"... that's just a classic. I still have it in AVI format on my hard drive at home. Get a good laugh out of it at times...

Anyway tell me to shutup at anytime cdkj...
    ~AciD
    [/shadow]

LOL takes ok AciDriveHB you can speak mind. At the time i got my computer i had a choice to pick AOLHELL for 3months free or MSN I pick AOLHELL for the free 3months it was like everybody saids it free it for me lol
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.