Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need My Works Ip

Need My Works Ip

i need to know how to get someones else ip from my own machine. Do not assume that i'm trying to hack. That is a very missled assuption. i only need the Ip of one of my computers at work. Its dial up. And the ip changes everytime i log on to the internet. so i can't keep track of it. Any help would be great.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    **Moved from Web Security to Newbie Security**

Why not have them email you or have a script that sends an email each time the address changes?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Them sending me an email would be hard because not very many poeple are there on the week-ends when i need it. It would be a lot easier with that script.Do you know where can i get that script?

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Umm... make your own? hehe.. what kind of box is it?
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Dead Man Walking
    Your work machine is on dialup? Hmmmm this whole thing sounds kinda funny to me. Cause if its on dial up chances are its not goin to be connected to the internet on weekends when you arent there. So at that point why would you need the ip? Maybe if you explain what you are trying to do we can help you a little better.

There are products taht will map a domain name to a dynamic address, basicly every time the system connects it contacts their server and the record is updated, I have used this to get address for ISDN boxes that rotate on every dial in, the company I used is zone edit and they seem to work very well.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

inf0, we could easily write this for you...
    lets look over the set-up?
    -------------------------------------------------------
    What OS (windows?) Can we install a program, or does it have to be a script?
    What services are available to the machine, What kinds of email (MAPI or SMTP)?
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

well i search some stuff up and i think i could make the script. or i got some people that are good. and could help me. if possible i look for a program but i think i could manage with a script. but thanks for the help. and ZomBieMann77 you might want to find out more information before you judge.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    I have to agree with ZomBieMann77 this does sound funny. I wanna know what company uses DIAL UP STILL? Why do you need the IP address of one of the computers at your work? This sounds malicious. I know my place of employment we use whats called an employee file that you can access on-line at the companys website for internal and external viewing. They say thew ultimate betrail starts in the work place. All of our assumptions are right when we say "your up to know good."

ok, hey, i've written a program that uses a timer to check for the IP Addy... when the address changes (IE, whenever they dialup) an email is sent to the admin (by SMTP email)... anyone want to help me test it? Source Code available...

/edit

Code:
    If Check1.value = vbChecked Then
        cIP = SMTP.LocalIP
        If oldIP <> "" And oldIP <> cIP Then
            Text1.Text = "Old IP: " & oldIP & vbNewLine & "New IP: " & cIP
            SMTP.Connect txtHost.Text, 25
            smtpState = MAIL_CONNECT
        End If
    End If
    oldIP = SMTP.LocalIP
    also added binary...