Thread: Different Viruses

Different Viruses

This was meant for the newbs that have no knowledge of viruses, to explain a few different types of viruses, so please don't flame me.

Worm- destructive programs that replicate throughout disks and memory, using up computer resources and eventually bringing the system down.

Boot Virus- virus written into the boot sectors of disk. If the disks are booted, they infect the system.

Macro Virus- viruses written in a macro language and placed within a document. When the document is opened the macro language exexcuted the destruction or the prank.

Virus Hoax- phoney warnings sent out by pranksters to upset as many people as possible.

(i hope i get some antipoints for this)

Hope this helped some of you!!!!!

BD]Hobbit
    http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=442
    You need people of intelligence on this sort of quest...

Banned
    (i hope i get some antipoints for this)
    You have high hopes... there are so many posts on this, try doing a search... there are even tutorials explaining the details of each...

AO's Mr Grumpy

Re: Different Viruses

Originally posted here by BD]Hobbit
    This was meant for the newbs that have no knowledge of viruses, to explain a few different types of viruses
    Please do not insult the intelligence of AO members with this ****.
    Newbie implies a new AO member, NOT a computer illiterate
    Originally posted here by BD]Hobbit
    so please don't flame me
    Why do you think anyone would flame you ? Burnt at the stake, possibly.

No negs for you today
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

Not bad but thats already been touched on....time and time again.

lol, awww give the guy a break.

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by Cybr1d
    lol, awww give the guy a break.
    Which leg would you suggest, or is there any other particular part of his anatomy you care to mention ?
    I was nice and did'nt neg him
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)

T3h Ch3F

Amazing

I am so impressed by the current trend of at least giving people a chance,

Even prior to the Antipoint system, people were shamed to the point of either creating an Alias, or just giving up period! I think every "New" poster. I did not say noob. deserves at least a chance to screw up. I am not a massive post monkey, I am a "lurker", yet I have been a member for several years. I have absorbed a great deal of information from AO without saying too much, and apreciate the information. I think some people who hear about this site, and visit it feel the same way, yet some try and impress in their early posts. For the most part this is a huge mistake! The guy is trying to fit in! Give him a chance! Track his posts. I have made so many errors in thinking that this was a forum to not only learn, but to express my feelings. I learned quickly about the "Annoying SkriptKiddies" as well. I am not one.

There are good ppl. here, for good reasons. Flaming when deserved is a needed evil. Yet I respect the ppl. who at least give people a chance to redeem themselves.

I trust you will undertand this rant.

P:

Olas

Duh!