Michael Jackson: Don't jail downloaders

Thread: Michael Jackson: Don't jail downloaders

Banned

Thumbs up Michael Jackson: Don't jail downloaders

Michael Jackson says Congress should make no laws that could land music fans in jail for downloading songs illegally over the Internet.
    http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/ptech/0....ap/index.html

AHHH nevermind, I am no longer for free downloading music, I just changed my mind, Jackson should goto jail. Yes. That would solve the world's problems. Put him in jail, or put her in jail, or, hrm, put, ahh, put Jackson in jail. Yea, if we put. . . Jackson in jail the RIAA would not have any more problems, yea, let's do that.

I'm with The3ntropy on this one..

but realy..

This ought to be the smartest thing the "king of pop" ever said !!!
    ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.
    When in Russia, pet a PETSCII.

Get your ass over to SLAYRadio the best station for C64 Remixes !

Hey give Jackson a break. I know he or is it her. Anyway Jackson changed colors and it looks like he might be changing sex too.. But we can give him a break can't we... am maybe not..

But like the_JinX
    This ought to be the smartest thing the "king of pop" ever said !!!
    I belive that's a point on his side. Win the public back.

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

Though on the flip side it's cool to see someone standing up for the users. Even though it's Michael Jackson, it's a start. I mean hell they have Britney Spears doing ads about how downloading music is so "evil". It's nice to see a flip side...

~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Banned
    Ok I think that Mike on this one is right.

Now he did say one other intelligent thing and that was...
    Drum Roll Please

Damn I can't think of anything, BUt he did say it. LOL

Know for the music thing this is getting outrageous first they wanted to ban it, then they wanted to destroy the computers of the people that did it. What next Firing squad.

Come on the gvt. is taking this one way to serios.

Whizkid2300

I totally agree. They are acting as if the people who use P2P software are actually bad ass hackers who are sitting there breaking into the DOD or something like that. Why does the RIAA have that much pull to actually be able to say they will go out and destroy people's computers who are using P2P software? That to me sounds like if a guy goes and robs a bank, yes he is doing wrong. But then in turn are you going to go burn his house down? Or not even a bank, most users on P2P are more like people who would go into a store a slip a CD out. Should they have their house burnt down because of it? Same thing here, it's property being destroyed. They do not know what could be on that computer, important medical documents, a thesis of a life's work. Sure the people are doing wrong, but don't totally go around trying to ruin people's lives. Then what happens to those people... the RIAA doesn't care as long as they get revenge on the people who took away their money. Sounds to me like some greedy blackhat hackers only worrying about themselves and no one else.

I can't wait to see something online like the big thing with Metalica and Napster (Napster Bad... Money Good!)
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]