Thread: 8X Graphic Card...?

8X Graphic Card...?

Hi all, I've bought Winfast Geforce FX5200 G/card 8X, and my motherboad is Epox 8KHA+ which is just only only 4X, but I benchmark it with 3DMark2001SE, the point 7010. And then cahnge my motherboard with MSI KT4AV which support 8X, but when I benchmark the point is only 6890..., Idont know why, but all the driver allready updated, and other systems and applications is all the same, I just change the motherboard and update the driver.

AMD Athlon XP 1700+
    256 Kingston 266DDR
    Maxtor 40GB HDD

Epox M/B only support 200/266DDR, and MSI KT4AV support 266/333/400DDR...

There could be a lot of reasons for the performance decline.

1. One motherboard has a higher FSB than the other.
    2. One motherboard is just better built.
    3. Different Chipsets
    4. Different Video Chipsets.

Theres a lot of reasons why one performs better than the other, thats just a few reasons.
    =

Old Fart
    Did you go into the BIOS of the MSI and enable 8x AGP?
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

well from what i see your useing a AMD. so you cant take all the bandwith any how now i would bet you if you had a intel it would be much diff cuse of intels bandwith craving cpu. (p4) with 800 FSB
    [shadow]\"Redundancy and Confusion: The Site Where Things are Roundabout and Hard to Deal With\" is brought to you by people who do things like this at the place where they work to do things like this, which in and of itself is redundant because this is one of the things that they do. [/shadow]

allenb1963, what i know, my motherboard will detect the 8X AGP Automatically because in manual book said like that.....