Thread: Video Card problems..

Unhappy Video Card problems..

Well. Here's my problem. I just bought a Radeon 9200 AGP 8x/4x, 128mb video card. (My previous was Prosavage DDR 32mb that came with the comp..it sucked..) And..I'm reading this here instruction manual, and it says before I do anything to install the Latest AGP driver. I downloaded the latest from Via and tried installing it..but it won't install. And I was downloading the Windows XP version cause I have that but still..nada. Now.. here's my deal. Before I realized I had to do this I actually did out in the new video card. I uninstalled the first, took it out, put the new one in. And when I plugged in the monitor in the monitor slot on the back of the card and turned on my comp.. nothing came up on the monitor. The computer was on, but the monitor showed nothing. I dunno if it was cause I didn't put it all the way in (which I'm sure I did..cause I couldn't get it in any further in fear of breaking it). So..I took out the new card, put in the old.. and did System Restore.. and here I am.. sad that I can't play 1942 cause this card laggs up too much..
    Foul Aim
    Ska/Punk

You should not have to worry about installing / updating agp drivers for a Radeon 9200. As long as you are certain your current motherboard supports 4 or 8x AGP cards, and that it is the right voltage, the card should be plug'n'play.

Oh thank you! But..one last question. how does one find out if it supports 8x/4x?
    Foul Aim
    Ska/Punk

Do you know what kind of motherboard you have. If you don't, look inside there should be a number somewher like P4P800, AN7N8, GAG7N, etc. Once you get that number then you can search for it on the web and find the home page. From there you can find out what you have.

or

Go here www.belarc.com/free_download.html download this free computer tool that tells you what you have inside your PC. I think this would be your better choice.
    =