Free shell accounts

Thread: Free shell accounts

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Miami, FL

Post Free shell accounts

I thought this would be pretty cool for the people of Antionline. This is for anyone who wants to try something different (like me). Heres just a small list of free UNIX shell accounts
    I found while searching earlier today wait a couple of days but worth it. <---pretty kool telnet is my favorite. very good

Unix tutorials to help you run your shell account. <--links to many others

Heres all UNIX commands with (very detailed information) go here the best I found so far

If you know any other shell accounts can you please post them thank you. ComputerNerd22

Nothing is better than free!

Its hard to find free shell accounts with all the features

That's why you ask a friend to give you a shell on there box, I had some free space next time I have some I will post it. But ask people they might just say sure.

Hmm, I've been giving some thought recently to allowing selected people access to my server when I eventually get round to putting it online 24/7. The only problem with offering accounts is that some people will take advantage, which is why most of the free services out there now ask for donations, not just to pay for the running costs but also to validate people as not being spammers.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Yeah most of those free shell accounts have limited features: ie you can't ssh, telnet, ping, etc... out of them unless you pay for a premire service. Basically they are good for learning the *nix system. I used cyberspace for a while because It has a very nice BBS and it gives you a free mail account. Downside is that it was very slow and once again, unless you paid for the premire service, you couldn't really do anything handy.
    You shall no longer take things at second or third hand,
    nor look through the eyes of the dead...You shall listen to all
    sides and filter them for your self.
    -Walt Whitman-

providing a telnet ervice to customer would be pretty hard to control, its the ultimate hacker resource, having shells to bounce attacks through.

Havnt had a shell for ages, gonna sign back up for lonestar, i recomend it