Thread: Direct connection VIA aim being randomly blocked?

Direct connection VIA aim being randomly blocked?

Does anyone know how to get around it being block or not allowed, sometimes it wont allow the connection and say its because youre running a firewall and i want to know how to let it gain access through the firewall.

I'm sick of SPAM!!!! Mercy!!!!
    Man i advice u not to be so enthusiastic because your thread is in fact just a little tiny piece of info. Information is all over the internet, everywhere u look it's sth new....

That's a very open question. Are you at work? Is there a proxy you need to point to? Are they activly blocking AIM if it is at work??

From www.aim.com

Q: Why am I unable to connect to AIM through my company LAN? In the past, I made the connection with no problem.
    A: Ask your system administrator to update login.oscar.aol.com on the LAN's DNS table. Also, ask the administrator to make sure that Port 5190 is open for outbound TCP connections. (Other ports can also be used. If your administrator decides on a different port, then you can specify it in Connection preferences.)
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

honestly people if the answer to every question is somewhere on the internet...what exaclty is the point of this forum? aw hell the only site anyone ever needs is google why dont we just make that the only site on the entire internet?!??!?!

if its your home computer most personal FWs prompt you for what you want to do as new connections types arise...what kind of firewall are we talking?

i dont know about you ii-monk but most of us are here to help people and learn in the process. If you took your head out of your ass maybe things wouldn't look so shity
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

I agree with thesecession. What the hell are these forums for if your lameass answer is always to go to Google? He has a very good question about an issue that is relevant to this site.

Those here that think certain questions are beneath you and cant waste the time to help people who post here for answers...get a life!

What the f$#^ are you doing here if you dont want to help out.

DAMN!!!!

if its your home system then most prob your personal firewall is blocking it. SO all depends on how u configure your firewall.

If its the one at work then you need to check if u r using a proxy. if not then most of the time u just need to configure AIM to search all ports. AIM will the search for open ports to use. If you are using the proxy then it will be difficult unless you speak to your network admin. But mostof the time they implement a proxy to prevent people from going to places they dont want them to. unless you get approval from someone on top then it will be difficult getting them to allow you to use AIM.

Banned
    why dont we just make that the only site on the entire internet?!??!?!
    which sites should we search then if google were the only site ..?? btw: i agree with you ....the internet doesnt know everything ....even if the answer is on the internet we can give him a link and explaint it still... maye somebody understand the answer better if it is said like it would be if two people talked face-to-face ....

you can set up the AIM Service to automatically block all incoming Direct Connections in your preferences

honestly people if the answer to every question is somewhere on the internet...what exaclty is the point of this forum? aw hell the only site anyone ever needs is google why dont we just make that the only site on the entire internet?!??!?!
    What the hell are these forums for if your lameass answer is always to go to Google? He has a very good question about an issue that is relevant to this site.
    While I sometimes agree with you guys; when an actual answer is www.google.com and nothing more…

However, I nearly made an attempt to QUOTE a website from the AIM question and answer faq, and in doing so felt obligated to post the original source, as it was not my own comment. I don't recall saying anything about google.

The forums are here to discus questions and provide insight from those that have in-depth knowledge from experience. Not everything is on the internet in a summarized form to provide direction, it is often necessary to post a question here to get a real world opinion on a procedure or product. I get some lame answers sometimes too, but without a very specific question, it's to be expected that only generic directional answer will be provided, or more specific questions to the original poster will be applied.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.