AntiPoints?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AntiPoints?

AntiPoints?

Whats this antipoints thing?

This is from the FAQ and a little bit of advice I would go and read it

The AntiPoints System is a way for you to weed out the bad users from the good users, while at the same time building your own reputation in the AntiOnline Community. In general, users who are respected as posting userful information, being friendly, and who answer other's questions, will have a high number of AntiPoints. Users who spam, flame, harass other members, or post misleading information, will have a low or even negative number of AntiPoints

You should do a search or read the FAQ its been asked many many times.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

is there a number of posts you need to hand out points?
    -Simo

Banned
    i think you have to have 50** positive antipoints to be abgle to give out some ...and as your number of antipoints grows the more you will give out ....

I was able to give out antipoints from the begining but they only started registering as positive or negative after 50. And here i was thinking i was helping someone elp haha.

PeacE
    -BoB
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'

The value of the antipoints assigned by a new user is zero, neither positive nor negative (depicted as a grey box), but the comments they add will be communicated to the recipient. When the new user has accumulated at least 50 positive antipoints, the antipoints they assign will begin to have a positive or negative value.
    from the FAQ
    http://www.antionline.com/misc.php?s...=faq&page=4#40

Theres the answer. Thanks th3ntropy.

PeacE
    -BoB

After around 50 APs and at least 20 posts your points will start to be green if you give posotives and red for negs. For the most part dont worry about it and post things to help people and youll be fine. Just make sure your not spamming the boards or posting lies. Also that thing about flaming....lol if someone deserves it man asking to crack hotmail, go for it, that gives you a right to flame.

Originally posted by gore
    Also that thing about flaming....lol if someone deserves it man asking to crack hotmail, go for it, that gives you a right to flame.
    But gore, you wouldn't know anything about that would you?

Though getting back to the topic... Yes the AP system is a perk, to kind of help show that said person posts good or not. The points are awarded by anyone in the AO community. Usually people with a lot of green dots (greenies) is someone who seems to help out a lot and/or posts really useful/helpful information.

Plus the more greenies you have, the more of a punch your awarding APs will be. Though there is a whole long complicated algotrythm that goes into play everytime you award points. It's not always the same amount each time, it varies.

But for all the newbies, I would like to say not to worry about the APs. Just come in and read the posts, post if you have something to say to contribute, and let it be like that. Your not going to be "really cool" if you have 11 dots, nor are you going to be "lame" if you only have one. The quality of your posts, even if people might miss awarding you points, is what really counts here.

And yes you will probably get a handful of neg points while you are here, even if you are a good poster. Sometimes people just don't like some comments made, or things being talked about, so don't break down in tears or get upset if you loose points also. Your APs will go up and down, it's part of posting here.

But if you don't believe me, just ask anyone who's been here for awhile. I've been here less than a year and this is just what I see. Others have been here longer than that. But I think we would all agree.

Just something to keep in mind...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]