Worried

Thread: Worried

Unhappy Worried

Hey,

I recently found this site and thought it was pretty intriguing. I was looking for a way to stop pop-ups without downloading software. I know absolutely zilch about computers but after reading various threads, my interest was piqued and I started looking through folders on my computer that I never really cared existed. Since I know absolutely nothing, all I could do was look at them LOL but I did come across some security, application and event logs. When I looked at the security log, it showed countless logons by "anonymous users" or "Guests" at times when I was not on my PC. I guess to those of you who frequent this board, this will sound as quite possibly the dumbest questione ever uttered in a forum but, does this mean a bunch of strangers have been accessing my PC all day? Arrrggghhhh. How can I track what they've done, if that's possible at all? How can I stop this from occuring again? Mostly, I have just a ton of pet pictures on my pc--pretty boring but still, I worry. Thanks for your help!

Be more specific. What folders? Where were these Logs? What was the format of these logs?

Installing a firewall would definitely help. Sygate is a good free one. (clicking will start the download)

Banned
    Couple of questions did you bye the computer used?

Does anyone else, Wife, kids, neighbor use the Pc besides you.

Run this command.

Netstat -n

check to see if you have any open ports like 12345
    or 31137

if you do then there is a trojan on your pc if not just check to make sure that none of your friends have ever saved anything to your harddrive.

Whizkid2300