Thread: how do i get rid of this hacker?

how do i get rid of this hacker?

am runnin NT on my machine.. got a firewall which bloked too many attacts and this ip just poppin up..the guy woun't quit tryin.. last time he tried netbios attack which was stopped too.. now i did a netstat command and i see my machine connected to an ip which is different by only last byte.. how do i kill that connection now?

I think you should first check the other posts in the forum before posting :|

Anyway you have an IP, and since it's the same, do a whois to see what company it is registered to. Then e-mail the sysadmin with your problem. If he is not helpful, call your ISP and maybe they'll change your IP, so he can't find you anymore [unless the guy has a zombie on your computer.. I assume you run an anti-virus]
    /\\

Banned
    *Moved from AntiOnline: How do I?*

- Ouch - script kiddy on another end?

you might want to check your ISP's IP Range... many ISP(s) will do scan's, ping, etc... just a thought
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar

Re: how do i get rid of this hacker?

Originally posted here by coolflame
    am runnin NT on my machine.. got a firewall which bloked too many attacts and this ip just poppin up..the guy woun't quit tryin.. last time he tried netbios attack which was stopped too.. now i did a netstat command and i see my machine connected to an ip which is different by only last byte.. how do i kill that connection now?
    What I would do is I would configure your firewall to block all IPs in a small range aroud those two IPs

The impact of that is likely to be minimal, since you are unlikely to be restricting your access to any sites.

Just a check, you could type the IPs into your browser first, to make sure you are not about block anything you are interested in, but it's most likely to be a set of addresses assigned to 'normal' users of an ISP.

HTH
    Steve

disable the option says prompt you every time your firewall blocks an unauthorize traffic, this will take care o your popups problems saying such and such attack occured. If you are really worried about the attack you can check the log of your firewall.
    For getting rid of open ports you might want to check download.com and google. But there is another prog called ProPort you can download here. http://www.webattack.com/freeware/se...itytools.shtml
    I hope this will help.