spammers getting spammed..

Thread: spammers getting spammed..

Talking spammers getting spammed..

Spammers last week got on the wrong side of the wrong man, and quickly found themselves with a taste of their own medicine. The man? Deputy Communications Minister Andrei Korotkov.
    check out full story here : http://www.themoscowtimes.com/storie...07/24/003.html
    guru@linux:~> who I grep -i blonde I talk; cd ~; wine; talk; touch; unzip; touch; strip; gasp; finger; mount; fsck; more; yes; gasp; umount; make clean; sleep;

Nice and how many still out there ....

LMAO.

Thats a good idea but since its now illegal to send unsolicited e-mails he could sue the company and unsolicited phone calls are also illegal so they could sue him.

Also most spammers I have found recently are using Hotmail and Yahoo to stop themselves being traced.

Banned
    ha ha ha !! that was great!! Atleast now he nows what its like to be on the receiving end...

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar

Re: spammers getting spammed..

http://www.themoscowtimes.com/storie...07/24/003.html
    With the brainstorming help of the Group Against Harmful Programs, a recently created anti-spam (and anti-virus) organization, whose members include Internet providers Russia Online and Rambler.ru, Korotkov decided he would fight unsolicited e-mails with unsolicited phone calls -- fighting fire with fire, as it were.
    Is this a wind up I wonder?

Google has never heard of the "Group Against Harmful Programs"

Just a thought.

steve

It's about time spammers got a taste of their own medicine. I would have really liked to be in their presence while they received it.

Maybe now they will have a little direction while spammering people. Just maybe.

Guidance...
    - The mind is too beautiful to waste...
    Cutty

I have a huge amount of respect for this guy. Plus he has a sense of humor

"This isn't 'The Empire Strikes Back,'" he said.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Haha; you always get what you deserve in the end.

[start singing] Kill the spammers... Kill the spammers... Kill the spam hi hammers! [/singing]

Really though, there will never be a decline in spam mail I think. Just like mark_boyle2002 said how spammers are mainly using hotmail and other free email places. Plus I laugh at the fact of how many spam mails come out of AOL.

I think spam mail is just like P2P, there will be no end and no way of stopping it. Though I have heard they have a new email filtering system setup here where I work that is supposed to block up to 85% of all spam mail. But that's still traffic that is used to get from point A to the server, even if it is then trashed.

[wonders] How fast would the Internet be without the 45% of network bandwidth that is consumed by spam mail... the world may never know. [/wonders]

Just a thought...
    ~AciD

PS I wonder if anyone gets what commerical that thought sounds like? heheh, give you a hint, it's a lollipop commerical.
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

PS I wonder if anyone gets what commerical that thought sounds like? heheh, give you a hint, it's a lollipop commerical.
    Answers that equal "three" for one thousand Alex.

West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.