Thread: Search Engine Box Thing ??

Question Search Engine Box Thing ??

Hey do you know how when you go to a search engine. And when you check the search box it list the previous search words. I was wondering what is that called and how do you get rid of it. I know the program History Kill is pretty good but do you know of any freeware.

Cheers Blue Wolf
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419

I think what you are talking about is when you go to type into a form, IE will bring up previously typed text. First anything and then limited to entries which match what you have typed so far. You can disable this function in IE. By going to Tools --> Internet Options --> Content --> Auto Complete. Uncheck the forms box and it will no longer keep that history, or if you just want to clear the history, click the clear forms button. I believe this is what you are talking about, so hopefully it helps.

Peace

it is called AutoComplete. it can be turned off.

or you can select individual entries and delete them.

you do not need external programs to configure what windows can configure for you, you probably paid enough for windows to begin with.
    Hmm...theres something a little peculiar here. Oh i see what it is! the sentence is talking about itself! do you see that? what do you mean? sentences can\'t talk! No, but they REFER to things, and this one refers directly-unambigeously-unmistakably-to the very sentence which it is!

I believe this is what you are talking about, so hopefully it helps.
    thanx Dude! Thats exactly what I was talking about. Its just I made a mistake when I pressed Tab to go to the next box, but it did'nt go and I typed my password. But now that I know how to get rid of it. My siblings wont be ablr to see it again.

Cheers..... Blue Wolf
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419