Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Music Industry Cracks Down

Music Industry Cracks Down

Hello Friends,

I just stumbled upon a very distrubing news snippet on yahoo talking about P2P busts. The article talks about how the music industry lawyers have already made as many as 900 random subpoenas to multiple downloading services. The Recording Industry Association of America is expected to make thousands more and is targeting P2P users now as well. Apperently, for each 'song' you have, you can be charged 750$ to 150,000$ per song. I find it mind boggling that they are actually going through with this. The real question is, 'Is what the lawyers doing legal?'

Check it out

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...oading_music_2
    If the scatman can do it so can you.

...interesting
    c m i y c

And they really think they can stop everyone?...there's server's all over the world...and they can only touch the ones in the US. Man those people are so greedy. I think they should watch their step cuz this mite make a lot of people angry who could retaliate.

Well I think its gunna be really funny when they finally do shut it all down and everyone will be so pissed off and won't even buy records anymore. Capitalism is a wonderful thing but this is just rediculous. Not to sound liberal....

scat

oh gee here's another idea...download the stuff through a different computer and put em in disks...such as Zip disks...DOWN WITH THE MUSIC INDUSTRY'S EVIL PLANS *j/k lol

Also the artists too....they're mad greedy. They put 2 good songs in a CD and the rest is junk...and they expect to get 20 bucks per album...HEEEELLLLL NOOO...i'd rather download the songs that I approve of being of my taste. If i dont like it...i dont want it

Sigh.... I am going to severly consider not buying CDs from RIAA artist members now. There are plenty of Indy bands out there to give my money too. I am sick of the entire thing to the point where my future spending habits will be greatly altered.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Word....remember Michael Jackson's 'invincible' album......LOL....'rock my world'...was a good one....and the other 18 were um...fake...no wait...crap...

scat

Considering the amount of money they must be spending to do all this legal work will start to slow them down in a big hurry. Also everyone is allowed 1 backup copy of any CD they have, If the music has been there a while they cant legally dig that deep to see what its original source was. Also lets say you download a full album of a CD, now you might have owned the CD before and lost if so u decided to download your legal copy of it, they cant prove if you ever had the CD or not. Its just a big waste of time and money, what else is this government good for?

I think the RIAA is more hated than the IRS, sorry about my error, thanks!
    --
    Adam

If everyone is so worried about the RIAA going after the p2p networks... why not just do it the old skool way? I'm not saying its right either way... but I haven't heard much about them going after IRC or FTP servers.... and quite a few of them offer enctyption... so who will know what you are downloading?

It may take a little longer to find what you want and you don't have the convience of the search function... but it might be a little more safe. Not to mention most of the time, you get faster download times...

Either way, its piracy... if you are doing it... you might want to try to protect yourself...

I think the IRAA is more hated than the IRS, whats with the damn IR's?
    That would be RIAA...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

There are FTP Search engines http://www.ftpsearchengines.com/
    --
    Adam