Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: restricted sites

Unhappy restricted sites

im not an expert at computers but im hoping someone can help me with a problum i have. . .

ok well i use IE and i get restricted from alot of sitez ::for example:: i cant sign up for almost anything it will let me go to the website but if i click sign up it will say "the page cannot be displayed" but yet i can sign up for yahoo and a few other things so far the sites that i have tryed to sign up for and they dont work were sub domain sites. . .i also tryed to sign up for a new aim name. . .and a message board for my site. . .and it just didnt let me. . . ive tryed to restore the defaults on my internet options and it doesnt work i also tryed the Per Site Privacy Actions and that didnt work ether does anyone know a way i can fix this problum? or at least let me no what is wrong???

Its letting you sign up for some sites but not others??
    hmm try it it in another browser (opera) infact I suggest you just change to opera way better browser - IMHO
    www.opera.com

v_Ln

thank u im downloading it right now ill let u know what happens

When you are trying to sign into these sites, are they https:// sites? If so, then you may need to check your date/time/time zone, cipher strength (from any page in ie click help->about internet explorer and the cipher strength will be listed. It should be 128 bit, if not then upgrade it using the MS recommended patches and the like.), also check your proxies as they may cause troubles along this line as well. It also may be work clearning the cache and the cookies (IE-> Tools-> Internet Options-> Settings-> View Files-> select all and delete) as they may be causing you some trouble.

There are other fixes, but hopefully you won't have to go to that length. Hope this helps.

Regards,

Chefer

Not all sites require a secure connection for their auth process wich would ac**** for some sites working and not others.
    \"I believe that you can reach the point where there is no longer any difference between developing the habit of pretending to believe and developing the habit of believing.\"

Opera is definitely not all it's suppose to be, test it thoroughly before using and jump on the bandwagon criticising the others. I tested opera on AO results, login ok, surfing ok, but at the buttom where suppose to be stating post reply, bump etc. there stating "you must be logged in to post replies on this forum" hey, but i am logged in! yes, I have have changed and edited my preferences and checked thoroughly before posting here.

This phenomina (I call it) also exist on alot of other sites and BBS I am registered at, if any of you also visit the CODC site and you're registered of course, you will see that you can't make any changes in your preferences and you are not really logged in, it's kind of like a state in-between. My point is before advising someone to get a different model car with all the "cool" features if any, explain to them the Pros and Cons of buying a different model car to the one they're using now.

PS. in Opera setting the IE6 pref makes all options visible. Food for thought.

Check your IE settings. Make sure you dont have that stupid rating **** activated.

Senior since the 3 dot era
    Originally posted here by virgule
    Opera is definitely not all it's suppose to be, test it thoroughly before using and jump on the bandwagon criticising the others. I tested opera on AO results, login ok, surfing ok, but at the buttom where suppose to be stating post reply, bump etc. there stating "you must be logged in to post replies on this forum" hey, but i am logged in! yes, I have have changed and edited my preferences and checked thoroughly before posting here.

This phenomina (I call it) also exist on alot of other sites and BBS I am registered at, if any of you also visit the CODC site and you're registered of course, you will see that you can't make any changes in your preferences and you are not really logged in, it's kind of like a state in-between. My point is before advising someone to get a different model car with all the "cool" features if any, explain to them the Pros and Cons of buying a different model car to the one they're using now.

PS. in Opera setting the IE6 pref makes all options visible. Food for thought.
    Virgule you have a good point, anyway, you state it in the ps, setting opera to be recognized as IE6 will fix a lot of these probs, also make sure you keep updating your Opera. The 7.11 is the newest at the moment.
    I experienced Opera 7.x to be a little unstable in Linux, in windows it runs rockstable. In my eyes Opera is still the best. It has features other browsers companies didn't even think of, for instance mouse gestures, damm I like those... it's fast, faster than any GUI browser I have seen. But yes, it has troubles with some webpages, it sometimes crashes on java and other stuff, older Opera versions made wrongly dhtml translations and it forgets cookies (but you can alter that in the configuration).

Ok, must take my foot out of my mouth here. Just upgraded (on a RH9 box), yep it's gotten better, will take it for a run in the next few days.On windows it works fine, I am currently using opera6 on FreeBSD 5 (when will we get 7?) so that may explain it.

Ok here's a stupid question, but what version of IE do you have? Are you running dial up or broadband (like DSL or cable)? What's the stats of your computer?

I have noticed on slower computers with dial connections that pages will not load. I can undersand that just for the fact that it takes so long and by the time the computer "kicks into gear" the dial has not sent a responce to the server and the connection is dropped.

Or if you have an old version of IE, it might not be able to display the page correctly and then is just giving up... why you are getting that error.

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

mozilla

go to mozilla.org and get mozilla it has built in pop up control, ect
    its very hard to slip u a file from a website in it and is MUCH faster then ie

plus evil programs cant post favorits or chang ur start up page :P

ive had very few problems with it but u also might wanna check ur cookie controls cause if u have em at no allowance then u basically cant do anything on the web