Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Burning DVD to a CD-R.

DVD burners are selling for between 200 and 400 dollars. Not really that expensive for relatively new technlogy. Also, what good do these "backups" do for you? If you don't have a DVD burner it's not like you can restore them back onto a DVD if your original is damaged. I can't say that I buy the backup excuse in this instance.

ps- I purposefully mispelled technlogy because if you spell it properly it seems AO is now imbedding marketing links into the text.

Arrrrrrrrr me laddy, you are right mohaughn. Why would you want to 'back-up dvd's' and not have a dvd burner, arrrrrrrrr. Where's me parrot. Long Freddy Silver here. Get me drift. Yo, Ho it's a pirets life for them. AO needs to be careful what they let on here. Arrrrrrrrrr. Just having some fun laddeis.

Freddy (arrrrrrrrr, where's me parrot )
    cybnut

c m i y c

Just to clarify my post. When i looked he it showed he had a bunch of neg antipoints. I thought it sounded like it could come off as piracy and Thats why i said that. I didnt mean anything about backing up i was just trying to look out for a new poster and make sure he didnt get banned for something that could be taken the wrong way.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

Hey, I was just having some fun. I didn't know you could do that with cd's. I learned something from it. I didn't mean to imply, but it could be used for that, you know arrrrrrrr where is that bird. It's dinner time. Smile it's a good day.

Freddy
    cybnut

Okay listen up. People are looking too deeply into my post about AO's policy and pirating dvd's. I realize it says backup but where i come from most of the time "backup" can also mean pirated. You need to stop jumping down peoples throats over the littlest things. AO is a great place but the only bad thing about it is people get too bent out of shape over nothing. So for all the people sending the f**king moron messages and all that crap. Just chill and look at it from another POV.

PeacE
    -BoB
    #!/usr/local/bin/perl -s-- -export-a-crypto-system-sig -RSA-in-3-lines-PERL
    ($k,$n)=@ARGV;$m=unpack(H.$w,$m.\"\\0\"x$w),$_=`echo \"16do$w 2+4Oi0$d*-^1[d2%
    Sa2/d0<X+d*La1=z\\U$n%0]SX$k\"[$m*]\\EszlXx++p|dc`,s/^.|\\W//g,print pack(\'H*\'
    ,$_)while read(STDIN,$m,($w=2*$d-1+length($n||die\"$0 [-d] k n\\n\")&~1)/2)

Hey hackophreak,
    Great tut man! I tried this last night and was really surprised to find it actually worked!

regards

Sharpshooter

Hey, I didn't know the guy was getting PMed about all this. This is a site for learning. You could use it for evil or for the betterment of self. But like I said, I was only having a little fun. So, enjoy life, and I'll keep the ARRRRRRRR's down a little. But I still can't find that parrot. Here swabby.

Long Freddy Silver
    cybnut

dude your never gonna find your parrot

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Originally posted here by mohaughn
    DVD burners are selling for between 200 and 400 dollars. Not really that expensive for relatively new technlogy. Also, what good do these "backups" do for you? If you don't have a DVD burner it's not like you can restore them back onto a DVD if your original is damaged. I can't say that I buy the backup excuse in this instance.
    Well, you can always burn a VCD or two. However my DVD player is a PS2 and it just doesn't want to play with VDC

I have a DVD writer for my *nix system, which I use for backups etc. but I've not mamaged to find any easy to use *nix software that will allow me to take a 9GB dvd & make two 4.7GB dvds. Plenty of winoe stuff out there, but being a linux evangelist I hate having to revert.

ps- I purposefully mispelled technlogy because if you spell it properly it seems AO is now imbedding marketing links into the text.
    Seems okay in Moz.
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com