Thread: JS trojan

Unhappy JS trojan

Ok heres what happen. I was on AIM and this random person im'd me telling me to go to this site. I thought oh well no big deal just a website not likes its a .exe. So i did and my screen tottaly got jacked up. So i hit reset on my computer, and i couldnt boot back into windows. So im like wtf, i booted into safe mode and cleared all my temp files, cookies etc. Then i booted back into regular mode after that. All good. Except i noticed my firewall wouldnt turn on. And when i try to scan my computer with my Anti Virus after awhile it would always go into the "Blue screen of deaht" when i hit enter my av woudl be off. Or sometimes my computer would just restart. So heres my question, is it possible i was trojaned from Java i didnt think it was. Im using Windows ME. Any help would be great because i got years and years of programming if i loose that ill be ruined
    Hacker dan

What was the website that they sent you to and what did you do to get this person mad at you?
    \"Hardware: the parts of a computer that can be kicked.\"
    -Jeff Pesis

if your are using internet explorer and you have not downloaded the patches ms has realesed
    it might be possible that you have been infected by the js.exception exploit ,i recommend testing your browser here if the test is + visit the following page for more info Microsoft Security Bulletin (MS00-075)

nimda and a few others also use jave script (as well as server exploit) to load onto your computer from webservers but it does sound like black_death is right
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

i didnt do anything. I didnt even know the guy he sent me the website as a "funny joke" so i thought hey its not an .exe no problem. I opened it and bam. And i dont remember the website. Cleared all my history already. For now on i think im gona surf the web with lynx
    Hacker dan

JS Trojan

I used to do a lot of forensics on an enterprise scale. You can find out which one hit you by researching
    at any of the AV sites.
    Additionally they usually have fix tools available, and or detailed removal instructions.
    I noted that "funny joke" was mentioned, it may pay to look that up at Symantec,TrendMicro or any of the other site
    or by simply doing a google search. Half the battle is knowing what got you. Then cleaning up the mess.
    Many new trojans can disable AV progs, even get around or disable firewalls.
    Hope this info helps.

My life has been much better since switching to Linux.

draco