A C Tutorial

Thread: A C Tutorial

er0k

A C Tutorial

I will be writing a brief C tutorial either today or tomorrow over UNIX C Programming Basics. Is there anything anyone wants me to include, newbie C programmers only please.. as i am one as well?

being newbie in C programming,

i expect C-programming stuffs from scratch (from 'Welcome world') , with sample codes.

C Structures, file handling functions and network programming would be appriciatable

If u can dream it, u can do it.

err...if i may ask why C and not C++? I mean they both start out the same way, but C++ is an object oriented programming language. Why not just teach C++?
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

Hmmm. I'd like to see a very good C tutorial explaining into depth on how to use the code being taught in examples, except, keep it away from the typical temperature calculator type stuff. I find that too often in too many C tutorials.
    TinFoilHat Linux O.o who needs more?

er0k
    Originally posted here by White_Eskimo
    err...if i may ask why C and not C++? I mean they both start out the same way, but C++ is an object oriented programming language. Why not just teach C++?
    because C is better for linux kernel modular programming, which i am getting into. And just because C++ is better, doesnt mean C doesnt have its own uses.

It's a gas!
    You could try including plain english descriptions of expressions, operators, assignments, variables (local, global, parameters), keywords and so on...

Im a complete C newbie too, so looking forward to reading this.

Damd.. I thought that the Tut was for AC... (that is Alternating Current)..

I need new glasses..

cheers
    "Consumer technology now exceeds the average persons ability to comprehend how to use it..give up hope of them being able to understand how it works." - Me http://www.cybercrypt.co.nr

And just because C++ is better, doesnt mean C doesnt have its own uses
    Very true
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

Some basic stuff on pointers and arrays would be very nice..I for one find those very confusing.

by basic, i dont mean i assume you wouldnt include info on that..I mean, like..try to make it really simple for people?

Can you include some network programming stuff?

Thanks
    God is Love