Thread: Computer Security 101 - Lesson 8 Quiz

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar

Computer Security 101 - Lesson 8 Quiz

Rather than dragging up all of the old Computer Security 101 Tutorial threads I thought I would just create a new thread to let everyone know that the quiz for the lesson is now available.

Here is a link to the tutorial thread: Computer Security 101 - Lesson 8

Here is a link to the quiz for this lesson: Computer Security 101 - Lesson 8 Quiz

Have fun!

Not sure if I agree with question 3 about shutting down your computer when its not in use, from what I've read, that could wear out parts, wouldn't disconnecting your computer be just as effective? Other than that, great job once again.
    It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious. - Murphy

AO Security for Non-Geeks tonybradley's Avatar
    Point taken.

The primary goal is to remove the method of access for any hackers so they don't have unlimited time to work on breaking your defenses.

However, depending on whether its a work or home computer and whether it contains personal or confidential information I can think of other reasons why it might be better to physically shut the machine down rather than just disabling or shutting down the network / Internet connection.