Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I guess rascists are cool here

The Recidivist
    This thread is completly pointless. Something as deeply rooted as someone's view on racial relations cannot be changed through anomyous post at a security site. This is just going to lead to animosity between people were there was none before. Drop the thread and move on.

hjack
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Lumpy,
    you origianl statement is a bit of a flase dichotomy.

Here:http://environment.jbpub.com/mckinne...20dichotomy%20

-Maestr0
    \"If computers are to become smart enough to design their own successors, initiating a process that will lead to God-like omniscience after a number of ever swifter passages from one generation of computers to the next, someone is going to have to write the software that gets the process going, and humans have given absolutely no evidence of being able to write such software.\" -Jaron Lanier

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Originally posted here by lumpyporridge
    I think you are taking it a little to serious steve , what i am saying is if you don't object to others using racial slurs you are condoning them and allowing them to be socially acceptable . I find it not acceptable to refer to blacks as monkeys and i am sure most people would agree
    <cold light of day> You're probably right, I was taking it too seriously. </cold light of day>

However, just because I don't publically object to racial slurs (or other slurs) doesn't mean I approve of them.

I don't see why I should have to publically make a song and dance about non PC comments, especially when I don't even know what PC is.

BTW, my favourite insult for people (all races, genders etc.) is 'spanner'.... I wonder what that says about me.

This is my last comment on the matter, I'll take advice. Thread dropped I'm moving on.
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Well you can take heart in that you are the only one to post something interesting. I hoped this thread would bring about an something worth reading and thinking about. Yet all it has gotten is petty gripes about my grammer and spelling. Cest la vie....
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

AO's Mr Grumpy
    Originally posted here by steve.milner
    BTW, my favourite insult for people (all races, genders etc.) is 'spanner'.... I wonder what that says about me.
    You don't like tools?
    Computer says no
    (Carol Beer)