Thread: VeriSign in trouble over sex.com

VeriSign in trouble over sex.com

Here is an interesting story. Seems VeriSign (you know, the company that issues all the certificates that 'guarantee' the validity of a site) is in a little hot water for getting suckered. Funny how they spam me mercilessly about "protecting my network" from fraud, and they were victims of it themselves.

where's the link to the story guy? Sounds funny!

~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

The link would be the very first word of the thread. Right there where the "Here" is underlined.

Hey sorry, it was late last night when I read that and must have totally skipped over that! *slaps self*

But those are big numbers that the con man made in his time of having Sex.com in his position. Its funny how the registrar company did not actually contact the original owner to make sure everthing was legit! I mean wouldn't they have people trying to do that more than just this one time? A letter is one thing, but I would not just trust a letter on those types of terms... I would like to hear the 'ok' personally from someone.

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]