more adware bothering us all
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more adware bothering us all

more adware bothering us all

i have something putting shortcuts to stupid websites on my desktop and menu and taskbar @ every boot of my system...

1. i cannot recognize anything procces in tack manager
    2. there's nothign in start up folders in my menu or "all users" profile

where can i look for this adware ...??? please don't recommend any commercial solutions...

thanx for your time
    i\'m the guy who bitched out a girl about writting poems in General Chat... Now everyone thinks I hate women and that I\'m gay ... live and learn ... hehe

Banned
    How about scanning with Adaware or Spybot.......

Putting links on your desktop.... you install any software the day this happened?.. Most times when you install any software, it puts some kind of crap on your desktop... umm.. thats all I could think of....

i know what you're talking 'bout but the links appear on EVERY reboot... that's not install.... that's spyware ... what is adaware and spybot
    i\'m the guy who bitched out a girl about writting poems in General Chat... Now everyone thinks I hate women and that I\'m gay ... live and learn ... hehe

Adware is just a software to get rid of all of that crap that you keep getting on your desktop it pretty good. I think it something that gets in your regedit or something like that. I know expert but if u get a program it will make it alot easier to grt rid of.

Hope That Helped......BlueWolf
    [glowpurple]The inside secrets of big buisness are being leaked onto the Net - (who\'s fault is that ) - Me[/glowpurple] http://www.AntiOnline.com/sig.php?imageid=419

The kind folks at www.cexx.org (forums/message boards) will be able to help you if spybot/adaware don't it. Download and run this http://www.tomcoyote.org/hjt/ and post the results at the above board .
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
    The international ban against torturing prisoners of war does not necessarily apply to suspects detained in America\'s war on terror, Attorney General John Ashcroft told a Senate oversight committee
    -- true colors revealed, a brown shirt and jackboots

oh my god i ran adaware ... and it found 200 + objects... i have dual boot but still ... some ppl have no shame... good times guys ... thank you for your help

I got a problem here.. i ran Ad-aware and found many stuff and quarantined them.. after restarting my PC, my Kazaa stops workin'.... is this bec of running ad-aware? how can i get my kazaa back to work again?

Thanks for any help.

----------------------------------
    "Knowledge is the beginning of something you don't know"

You will have to reinstall kazaa they have spyware programs that are needed but what you can do is set your firewall to block the spyware. They include these spyware programs to pay for you using kazaa for free.
    No good deed goes unpunished.

If I uninstall my Kazaa, will my "My Shared Folder" will be removed too?

-------------------------------
    "Knowledge is the beginning of something you don't know."

I dunno much about KaZaa, but Broderbund Printmaster 10 puts spyware on a system. AdAware picks up the spyware, but if you delete it Printmaster won't work.

Note to etruscan:
    You can get Ad-aware, a free proggy, at

Lavasoft