Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Win Xp Passwords

you could egt a copy of l0pht crack (if there is a guest account) and fun it and get the password that way but that constitutes a hacking so i dunno

there is a bootdisk program called ntpasswd that can change any password on an xp system with a bootdisk. The only drawback is, if there is any data encrypted using EFS or compressed with windows' compression protocol, the that data is no longer accessable unless you change the password back to what it was originally. NTPasswd can be found at http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html
    :q :q! :wq :w :w! :wq! :quit :quit! :help help helpquit quit quithelp :quitplease :quitnow :leave :**** ^X^C ^C ^D ^Z ^Q QUITDAMMIT ^[:wq GCS,M);d@;p;c++;l++;u ++ ;e+ ;m++(---) ;s+/+ ;n- ;h* ;f+(--) ;!g ;w+(-) ;t- ;r+(-) ;y+(**)

Hey that sounds like a nice tool though. Because incase someone would steal your computer and try to get your files, as long as you kept things encrypted, you would still be safe. But have you tried the work around with using admin rights and changing the ownership to the user with the new password? I know I've done that ebfore with files I forgot to backup elsewhere and decrypt before formatting.

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

Banned
    Ok I am not sure about this so please don't Flame me to death but you can reverse the polkarity. Simple if you get magnet and putit on the Laptop it will probably erase it the problem here I can't remember if it is going to destroy your Hard Drive.

Now for my speciality:

Here we go got a couple questions.

If your trying to see any of the data then this will not work.

What Os are you running. No the one on there which one are you going to run. Now if you are going to run Linux I can tell how to get by it if not I am kinda stuck.

First you need a friends computer and take the.

Is the D:/ Bootable

Where was I.
    Go to a friend with Xp and go to Dos.

You know what Pm. And I will tell you the Linus way to get around it.

I anyone one else wants to know Pm me and I will let you know I got to check something though.

Ok just as a note if you want to recover the info. Give up now what I am going to tell writes over it.

Whizkid2300

Originally posted here by AciDriveHB

If people were smart though they would use a utility that would zero the drive, and then write junk data on the disk, then format it again. I have a utility that does that (along with 25 passes, etc). Data can't be recovered if there is other data written over that file on the drive.
    Even that wont get rid of "all" the data. There are still ways to recover some of the data. Granted they involve ALOT more work. The best way to clear it is with a utility that 0's the drive then 1's the drives and then puts random data on the disk but because the writes dont cover the exact location that the previous data was stored (due to vibrations with the write heads and other variables), there is small amounts that get left on the top or bottoms of the currant data. Thats why if you have real (and I mean REAL BIG) security issues with your hard drive data the best thing to do is write the 0's, 1's and random data then use some sort of chemical to strip the hard drive disks, scratch the heck out of it, drill some holes, and then grind it into dust should do the trick but that would make the hard drive usless and is probably over kill. I find the computer forensics a neat topic and there is/was a forum on this topic here at AO (for those of you who are interested)

LC4 (l0pht crack) requires admin writes to get the passwords from the box, but there are ways around that... but that requires more know how that I wish I had...

an NTpassword changing boot disk should work providing it is a windows machine...

Originally posted here by DivineRogue
    Thats why if you have real (and I mean REAL BIG) security issues with your hard drive data the best thing to do is write the 0's, 1's and random data then use some sort of chemical to strip the hard drive disks, scratch the heck out of it, drill some holes, and then grind it into dust should do the trick but that would make the hard drive usless and is probably over kill.
    To me that sounds like all you need to get ride of the data, screw the rest of that crap Nice one though...

Looking back into my software, mine does zero first pass, one the second pass, and then you have the option of doing that over 25 times. Which my friend and I decided to do, and well lets say it didnt make it past 2% after waiting about 4 hours. So I'm not sure what all the passes include.

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]

XP admin password work around. download this application and burn it to a cd. then boot off of the cd. follow the instructions, generally take the defaults.

http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd

** note i advocate servers being behind locked doors, thus limiting access to admins only. where such applications as linked below can not be used in a destructive manner.

happy computing -
    jag

i got another idea try doing a system restor to befor the password was set