Network C++

Thread: Network C++

Exclamation Network C++

Haya! I have a problem with sockets. I want to write a program in C++/Perl that wathes a range of ports on the local machine and when somebody connected on some port the program alarams. Something like logsurfer or zonealarm etc. Please help. You can write me and e-mail: [pong]ivan@barov4e.com[/pong] .

cant write an email cause i am too lazy to open another window, nor can i write the program, but there is software out there that does exactly what you want. Just download a FREE firewall from http://www.agnitum.com/download/outpostfree.html and you can set the preferences to warn you anytime someone tries to connect to one of your ports. The program you described above isnt super hard to write, but it takes time, why waste time writing a program when you can get a professionally made one for free that is better?
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

Originally posted here by White_Eskimo
    The program you described above isnt super hard to write, but it takes time, why waste time writing a program when you can get a professionally made one for free that is better?

Cuzz its fun.

hey,

yup i did something similar to this ages ago, using C it only used a few ports, and it used to skip up and down the list of ports and sit at the port for x number of seconds/ microseconds

you can imagine with 30000ports and a second at each port, this works out at 500hrs i think, so you can imagine this isnt the way to do it!!!! i was only young when i did this so i think i should be forgiven, it just proved it could be done.

but yea you could use python, python has very easy socket access. You'd just need to come up with a method of looking at all the ports at the same time,

maybe somesort of file containing the ports you want to monitor and then thats read into the python scirpt?

only and idea

i agree with kr4y3 whats the point of downloading everything, yea its all out there but you dont learn how stuff wokrs by downloading everyhting.

i2c

Yes, Yes, I know it takes time, but I want to make it. I love programming and I want to learn it all))) i2c i wrote a program like yours, but it cant listen on open ports ((
    BGDevS
    [gloworange]www.peaksoft.info [/gloworange]

maybe somesort of file containing the ports you want to monitor and then thats read into the python scirpt?
    you could use the same approach if you are going to write it in c++, using the ftstream library to open up the file containing the ports, and then when you have read the ports and found an open port you could just do something simple like
    cout << "\a Found open port";
    \a will set off your computers alarm
    Support your right to arm bears.

^^This was the first video game which i played on an old win3.1 box

Yes, but I want to watch all ports(open and closed) and someone connect to some port to alarm, not to alarm when i have open port.
    BGDevS

here ya go

http://www.codeproject.com/internet/drvfltip.asp

Introduction
    If you decide to develop a Firewall for Linux, you will find a lot of information and source code, all free. However the people interested in Firewall for Windows Platforms have a little more difficulty, not only for finding information, finding free source code is a task impossible!!.

So, I have decided to write this article that describes a simple method for developing Firewalls for Windows 2000/XP to help people interested in this subject.
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...

10x a lot tampabay420!
    BGDevS