New Napster gets set to rock and roll

Thread: New Napster gets set to rock and roll

Banned

New Napster gets set to rock and roll

Roxio says its revamped online music service, Napster, will debut in time for the holiday season and will give people access to music through a subscription or via an a la carte option.
    Complete Story

I figured the newer edition of Napster would be a paid service....I am uncertain as to how successful it will be because of the other P2P software out there (Kazaa, eMule, etc.) that doesn't cost anything to use, and offers much more than just music downloads. Any thoughts?
    Carrie: Someone\'s definition of what constitutes cheating is in direct proportion to how much they themselves want to cheat.
    Miranda: That\'s moral relativism!
    Carrie: I prefer to think of it as quantum cheating.

GreekGoddess
    Doesn't sound too much different than what RoadRunner is doing with their Rhapsody service.

How long has the Rhapsody service been around? I've never heard of it...
    Carrie: Someone\'s definition of what constitutes cheating is in direct proportion to how much they themselves want to cheat.
    Miranda: That\'s moral relativism!
    Carrie: I prefer to think of it as quantum cheating.

Of course there will be some users who use it because they will feel they are doing the right thing. Or the users who are scared by the RIAA. While there will be most of the other users who say "If I can get it for free, why should I pay for it?". Nothing has happened of yet to 90% of the downloaders on P2P... so I don't think they will bother moving really.

Just a thought...
    ~AciD
    [shadow]There is no right and wrong, only fun and boring...
    Formatting my server because someone hacked into it sounds pretty boring to me...
    That\'s why it\'s all about AntiOnline.com!
    [/shadow]