Malaysia permits text message divorce

Thread: Malaysia permits text message divorce

Banned

Malaysia permits text message divorce

Getting a quickie divorce has taken on a whole new meaning in Malaysia after it was decided that a man can divorce his wife with a text message.
    The government's adviser on religious affairs, the man who counsels Malaysia's Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad, said as long as the message was clear and unambiguous it was valid under Islamic Sharia law.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3100143.stm

lol....A little impersonal but I suppose they don't seem to care in Malaysia. I would think it's a result of cultural differences.
    Carrie: Someone\'s definition of what constitutes cheating is in direct proportion to how much they themselves want to cheat.
    Miranda: That\'s moral relativism!
    Carrie: I prefer to think of it as quantum cheating.

Getting a quickie divorce has taken on a whole new meaning in Malaysia after it was decided that a man can divorce his wife with a text message.
    Why couldn't it be that way over here where a woman can divorce her husband.

Hey you better drag your butt home and take out that trash or i'll divorce you lol. j/k

Like manicchester said it the cultural differences. Man have more power over there.
    I had to google 'jfgi' to see what it meant. The irony is overwhelming.

Originally posted here by cdkj

Why couldn't it be that way over here where a woman can divorce her husband.
    haha, no kidding... bust out the nokia and the chica is gone

i thought that a muslim had to have witnesses and say it at least three times?

"I divorce you, I divorce you, I divorce you!"

::breaks straw/stick::

Done Deal
    yeah, I\'m gonna need that by friday...