Thread: Network Traffic

Network Traffic

Hi again! I want to ask can I stop ISP to report my traffic, but use internet. I'm took inet from LAN network. I know that it can be stopped with change the MAC and IP addresses, but this is when the ISP report by IP. I want to know how can I do it, but when the traffic is reported by account, because this is very serios problem of ISPs and i want to know how that can be logged.
    BGDevS
    [gloworange]www.peaksoft.info [/gloworange]

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    What?
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I'm getting that they want to use the internet without their ISP being able to track them? I think that's what it says...
    Reality is the one who has it wrong, not you

If you want to use your ISP without them being able to track you, it's pretty tough. Basically, you need for somebody else to forward internet traffic from you to the rest of the internet, and back again.

A physical analogy is a mail forwarder. Say you think the post office lady is snooping on you. You want to correspond with your friends Alice, Bob, and Carol, but don't want the postmistress (let's call her Eve) to snoop on you. So you call up your friend Trent, who you trust, and you ask Trent to forward your mail around. He, being a nice sort, agrees.
    So, you write a letter out to Alice, put it in envelope addressed to her, then put it in another envelope addressed to Trent. You mail it off to Trent, who opens it and sends the letter out to Alice. Alice reverses the process to reply.
    Now, if lots of people start using Trent to sent their letters back and forth, then even if Eve looks at every letter going in and out from Trent, she can't tell who's corresponding with who.

Similar services exist on the internet, at least for email and web traffic. Googling for "anonymous remailer" and "anonymous web proxy" will get you started. If you want something a bit more complete Anonymizer offers some full-featured privacy protection methods.

I think the web proxies prevent the web server from gathering your IP address, and can't do anything to hide your activities from your ISP. What would do it was if you were connecting through a large anonymous network (for example a school network). This just means that the ISP sees one IP address accessing http://www.blah.com and the same IP for http://www.schoolhomeworksite.org. This means it's a bit harder for your ISP to pin something down to you.

However, getting connected to a large network could be a bit of a problem for home browsing...

One last thing Barov4e, it is impossible for you to manually change your IP address that your ISP uses, otherwise you could steal someone else's address, and pretend to be them, you can however change it for your network. But, you can't change your MAC address, as this is hardwired into your network card.
    \"Death is more universal than life; everyone dies but not everyone lives.\"
    A. Sachs

da'dodo I change the MAC address of my network card. And then I change the IP. The MAC address can be changed by the windows registry and the other way is to change it by control panel/network properties, and the IP by the properties of TCP/IP stack. With linux is more easy - just change your MAC and you're ready Thath's all. For the web proxies - yes. They're just "prevent the web server from gathering your IP address" like da'dodo says. But Pecosian understood me right: "I'm getting that they want to use the internet without their ISP being able to track them? I think that's what it says..." ))) How this can be done and how a ISP can protect this?

A, one specify, I want to know how can I use inet from my ISP, whithout ISP knows how much traffic i have, 'cause it logged my traffic, but not by IP - by acc.
    BGDevS

AO Ancient: Team Leader
    Barov4e: You might want to research an IPv6 client using 6to4 translation to pass through your ISP to an IPv6 aware open proxy. That would hide your traffic's destination since it would always be the IPv4 address of the proxy and the content of the returning traffic would be encrypted thus making it hard to determine youe exact activity.

And let's be doing this for a good reason, there a good chap......
    Don\'t SYN us.... We\'ll SYN you.....
    \"A nation that draws too broad a difference between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools.\" - Thucydides

Tiger Shark can you explain me more detailly If you write me e-mail - ivan@barov4e.com
    BGDevS

Is your ISP charging you per minute or per megabyte or something weird like that?
    t.e.k.n.o.